??My PALM turned bright RED (almost fuscia) What is this??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, May 21, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I was doing my hair and then looked down at my hands and my right palm was bright pink! It looked like I had stained it or rubbed it in pink chalk.

At first I thought maybe I got something on myself but I hadn't touched anything! I even tried to wash it off with soap and rubbed it on a white cloth but it didn't come off.

Finally I figured out it was me! After a while it went away on its own. But my arm ached a bit.

What could have caused this!?! Has anyone had this experience before?

My last labs had a high sed and crp - indicating inflammation but my RF was negative. Could this be RA anyway?
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

this has happened to me before too.
    And at the time when I searched for info,....I was lead a few times to it being a sign of RA.
    However I've not been DX with RA.
    JUST Fibro.
    I am however in the 'wait and see' stage cause my doc. does suspect RA on top of Fibro.
    Do you ever have any swellings in your knuckles,...
    or achy joints?
    A high sed rate indicates higher than normal inflammation which is also a marker for RA.
    (but could be from many other things also)
    It happened once while I was at my Rhuemys.(proof!!) my palms turned red!!
    Good luck at finding your cause~
    Hope this helps
    Tandy :)
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I didn't know what it was but my palms would turn red and sometimes the other side of my hands. I was dx'd with GERD and erosive esophagitis and was retaining a lot of fluid.

I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Sometimes my hands would be freezing cold and yet look normal. When they are red they are fine feeling. Don't know what it is. I have FMS, diabetes, etc.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I tried the hands over the head thing and had some red and white blotches but nothing too dramatic. It certainly wasn't like the bright fuscia color that happened earlier. But it could be related.

I've been watching my palms all day and I saw some redness when I was grocery shopping.

I'm really wondering about RA. I have a lot of brittle pain and deep ache in my hands and feet. But I don't have swollen joints - at least I don't think I do.

I've also been wondering about Addison's disease or adrenal dysfunction.

Thanks for your input! Any more input out there would also be appreciated.

Sofi
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

any more thoughts?
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

7. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

This has been happening to me since I was in HS and I am no 34. I don't know what it is because I always forget to tell the Dr. But if it were really bad I am sure something would have happened by now. If you find out pls post it.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Lourdes