My PCP is an idiot....but he believes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

in fibromyalgia. He is great in telling you that fibro is a real disease.(Disease, that is what he said)He has refered me to Rhuematologist, Pain Managment,but will not pescribe any antibiotics when you have sinus infections,or any time you have green mucus...But he is not afraid to take you off for months at a time when you are very bad from the fibro. Anyway, I have great Rhuemy, and Pain Doc, I just think PCP is weird, I always end up going to Urgent Care for sinus....go figure...should I look for new PCP?
    Cindy
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

With any of the immune defeciency deseases, We have to be on antibiotics alot, or at least I do. I catch everything that comes along. Ihave a wonderful rheumy. and the best pc any one could ever ask for. All I have to do is call and say call me in something and it's done that day no questions asked. When Im really sick, I call and say I have to come in for a rocephene shot and they work me in. I can see you do not have this with your dr. I have been going to this pc for over 8 yrs and I think that makes a difference

He was the 1st to send me to my rheumy in the same bldg where they use laptops to be able to pull up all of my records from each other. I know this didnt help. If you decide to switch pc, and you like your rheumy, make sure you can keep him or her. Good luck

Suzette
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Penmaw54,
    Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, I need to check to be sure I can keep my "Good Doc's"
    Hey, I see by your bio you were in education, me also. I have worked in Special Education for about 27 years. I am certainly getting tired, and having difficulty working through pain everyday. I was born in 1954 also.
    Thanks for your reply!
    Take Care,
    Cindy
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Cindy,
    I'm confused... Are you saying your PCP won't give you abx for a sinus infection? I agree with Suzette, that you may want to change your PCP to another doc.

My family doc finally believes in FMS and I can get pain meds that work for the pain finally. Only problem is that he is out of network with my insurance now. So I am lucky I don't get sick much. So when I do see him this year, I'll have a $400 deductible and the balance paid at 75%. Normally I just pay $15 to see a doctor. All my other doctor's are in my insurance plan.

I see a endocrinologist, ever 3 months and a opthamologist, once a year for a diabetes eye check. I don't need to get referrals for those docs. One thing I like about our insurance.

Hugs,
    Faye