My personal treatment plan and list of what helps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorrene, Mar 20, 2007.

1. dorrene

dorrene New Member

My health and energy level is almost back to where it was before I became ill. I'm a RN (bedside nurse) and back to work.
    Here's my plan:

Antivirals:
    Green tea capsules 3 caps 2xday
    Chinese culing pills 3xday
    Elderberry syrup 3xday
    transfer factors 3xday

Adreanl problems:
    Eleuthero root 3 capsules a day

Fatigue & Heart:
    Hawthorn ticture 2 droperfulls 2x day
    CoQ10 300-400mg day for Fatigue (really helps)
    Magnesium Glycinate 400mg 2xday

Pain:
    Chinese Plum flower brand Joint Imflammation pills 10 pills 3xday

OXYGEN problems at night:
    snoring, gunting, long pauses
    CPAP Get a sleep study. Every patient on CPAP I've meet tells me it works. It's hard to get used to and you have to be fitted for it.

Brain fog:
    acetyl L-carnitine 500-1000 day
    Sublingal B12 3000-5000mg day (Enzymatic brand)

Sleep:
    L-Tryptophan 1000-1500mg at bedtime with a little carbs

Restless leg:
    MRM brand Cal-Mag Zinc Liquid 3-4 tablespoons at bedtime
    may take a few day to work (I've had a few friends try this and it worked for them too) After taking this for a couple of years I rarely have RLS

IBS:
    Nux Vomica 30c 5 pills 2x day (Homopathic)
    Probiotics (all-Flora, New chapter)1-2 tsp day

Vitamins:
    Coenzymate B Complex sublingal 2-4 tablets a day
    Vitamin A 10000-30000 IU day
    Vitamin D 2000-4000IU day

Food allergies:
    I'm feeling so much better staying away from all milk products and eggs

Eggs
    Milk
    wheat

I know this is a lot of stuff, but we are all very ill and need all this support to get better.
    Dorrene

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2007]
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Good for you in finding a plan that helped and you are back to work. You must feel so much better.

My plan is similar and yes I've eliminated big allergic foods such as sugar, wheat, dairy etc. I can't believe I haven't eaten any sugar product at all in 6 weeks now!!
    Cindy
  3. moab341

moab341 New Member

How did you figure that combination of things to take and how long has it taken for you to improve to where you are now?
    Did you start them one at a time, slowly?
    Did you journal?

I am starting a new regimen and am interested in learning how others found their working combination!

4. dorrene

dorrene New Member

I just this week stopped sugar again...hard to do.
    Put myself on a carb controlled diet...need to lose 20 lbs.
    Dorrene
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm so glad when people share theyir good experience. How long did you have CFS til you felt you were starting to get better?[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

The Big Key for me is "Don't Get Hungry" and be tempted to grab sugar, carbs, etc. I make a huge salad and put in tupperware enough for two days. I put in so many different veggies including lots of broccoli for the calcium. In between I have snacks such as pears, almonds, some berries. I have lots of meats, veggies, salads.

I'm over the sugar withdrawals now. The trick for me is eat something every few hours.

Cindy

7. dorrene

dorrene New Member

About two years ago I was desperate to find help...my doctors were useless.
    I have been interested in natural healing so I wanted to go that route. Also being a nurse I know all about all the nasty side effects ( which I see every day at work) of drugs. I do take a few drugs for thyroid, allergy, asthma.
    I first started the Eleuthero root 6 capsules a day x one week then 3 a day for my adrenals, my accuputure friends idea. Felt a little better.
    Then a month or two later I started hawthron because of the weakness and I felt like I had something wrong with my heart. I got stronger...but still very sick.
    I then started going on this site and adding things other people said helped them.
    The antivirals I just started at the beginning of January when I heard about Dr. Montya fron Stanford's work.
    Boy, did I feel better after starting those..now I take all of the antivirals I listed at least 2 xday...if I start having chills or weak etc I take a extra doses.

I spend about $400-600 a month on all these but my heatlh
    is worth it...actually I had no choose...I would be bedritten by now the why I was going...and I am a single Mom of a nine year old...I'd rather go into debt
    Dorrene
  8. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What kind of transfer factor are you taking? How did you decide?

Best, Lisa

9. dorrene

dorrene New Member

I picked the cheapest (sp?) Source Naturals brand Transfer Factors about $16.99 I take 2-3 caps at a time at least two times a day and if I start feeling ill...chills etc...I take more. It does work, the chills go away.
    I looked at all the other brands and could not decide they were all so expesive. If it works why spend more?
    Dorrene
  10. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Dorrene I am so happy that you are making such wonderful progress. I really appreciate you posting what has worked for you. It really helps us all to see the different things that are helping people.

Than we can put together treatments that work for ourselves. It is always so great to hear something positive and to hear about what things we can try to heal ourselves.

Thank you for sharing this!!!
    Pam
  11. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Your welcome,
    I hope it can help a few people feel better.
    Just trying a few things on my list could help.
    Dorrene
  12. dorrene

dorrene New Member

13. jole

jole Member

Like so many others on this board, I have about had it with doctors and their ideas of helping. This sounds very doable and I am at the point that I have to try something on my own.

Summertime is always so much better for me, and my brain seems to be coming out of its cocoon about now, so guess this is a good time to try getting better for next winter!

Thank you for your plan of action. glad it has helped you!
  14. JulieL

JulieL New Member

bump

dorrene,

do you get these vitamins herbs off the internet or do you go to a health food store? i'll give anything a try if it works.

thanks,

juliel
  15. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

Want to save the original posting. You are a brave single mom.
  16. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Most of the time I go to one of my local health food stores. I live in Santa Cruz, CA and we have about 8 stores to pick from, so the prices are good. For you the internet is probably better. Maybe the best way to us my list is to pick the problems you are having the worst time with and try those supplements first. If you think it all came from a illness like the flu, the antiviral supplements would be very important. Please if you have any health problems like liver, kidney, or heart and take meds consult a doctor or drugist first.
    Dorrene
  17. dorrene

dorrene New Member