My Pharmacy Moved

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 27, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Can you imagine. I had two days notice. And poof....they were gone. They transferred all my meds to a place in another borough. I will have to go by train to get my meds--12 of them each month (on different days).

Now I have to figure out what to do. I suppose I could have them moved closer to me just as quick, but I noticed that in the first transfer there were some errors.

If it isn't one thing...it is another.

nyrofan
  2. turquoise

turquoise Member

I had a pharmacist sell his business to Rite-Aid (CVS) over 10 years ago, and he transferred all his RXs to them. All I had to do was go to another pharmacy, and have the pharmacist call where my RX was transferred and send it to him instead. There was a line of people there that day doing the same thing.
  3. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

My pharmacy closed, due to CVS bought out Osco and they decided to close this particular store. I was at the Walgreens close to the house but was not impressed with the pharmacy staff. I took my dilaudid Rx there. I have not yet transferred my Rx.'s yet.

The Pharmacy that has my Rx.s is a distance and I will have to transfer but I may have them transferred to the grocery store pharmacy.

I plan to go the distance this time until I decide. I am going to call the Walgreens and Grocery store pharmacy to see what generic brands they use for my Rx.'s.

What a pain in the butt, I know how you feel.

Love and hugs,

AbbeyMae
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Are there any pharmacys around you that you can transfer to that deliver? I can't imagine having to take a train to pick up my meds all the time, there has to be an easier way for you!

Hugz,
    Tona