My photography want to see?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by butterfly83, Dec 13, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I thought I'd share some of my photography.

You can copy & paste this address into your browser:

Hope you enjoy!

Is anyone else interested in photography and have some photos to share? I'd love to see them!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Do you have a close up lens to get such dramatic photos of flowers?

A super collection of great shots.
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Loved the nature photographs,especially the brookside ones's.Colours were amazing!!
    Best wishes,Paul
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

absolutley beautiful!
  5. larryh

larryh New Member

Great photography! You have a good eye too. I have some of my photos one my web site at

6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Those are beautiful! Such talent! Where were the brookside ones taken? I think I could live there!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Rockgor - I have a few lenses I use, but a lot of these were taken with a 300mm zoom lens, and some were taken with close-up filters.

GreenBean - Brookside Gardens is a big public garden in Wheaton, Maryland. It's very pretty in April or May, when I took those photos, because we have the cherry blossom trees in bloom.
  8. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Larry - I really like your photographs also. The theme of photographing barns was a good idea. What area are you from? The pictures look kind of like Pennsylvania. I'm from Maryland, so a lot of sites and landscapes are similar.

9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Where is the park with the lakes and purple trees?
    Thanks for sharing these. I just posted some of mine on Flickr, too.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]
  10. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Kholmes - That park is the same one that was asked about above, called Brookeside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland. It's a large public garden that has a lot of different areas to photograph. But those that I took were during April or May I think, during Cherry blossom season here. The Cherry Blossom festival in Washington, D.C. is a great time of year to visit the area. There are some gorgeous trees in bloom in the city, and it extends out into the suburbs here. :) I'll try to post some more of my pictures during Cherry Blossom season soon. I have a lot, but I think they are saved on my other computer.

I'll go check out your flickr now! :)
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

They are BEAUTIFUL. I love flowers and pictures of flowers.

The one you call balloons in Ocean City, MD is actually kites, from THE KITE LOFT. They have 2 location, one on the boardwalk, and they put out a ZILLION kites each day in front of their shop. If you've been to OC, have you seen the sand sculptures at 2nd Street and Boardwalk? I'll post one to my profile for you.
  12. Callum

Callum New Member

Thank you, thanks for sharing. Beautiful!

I'd share the photos I take, but my finger is in most of them...

13. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Elliespad - You're right; I just couldn't think of the name of the store who does that display every year. Thanks, I will update my picture text.

I do know the sand sculptures they do every year. I forget if I saw it last year, or the year before, but I remember they did this big one of Jesus on the cross, didn't they? I haven't gotten any pictures of them yet, since my family always seems to run into them at night, when I'm without my camera stuff. But Ocean City is like tradition for all Maryland-ers :) Everything always stays the same there (well, except for recently, with all the huge new condos going up, but thats another story).
  14. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I can't remember whether your picture is the one I saw, it might have been another year.. but thanks for posting it! Next time I get to Ocean City I'll have to be sure to get photos of the sand sculptures. Are you local? I'm Montgomery county - about 3 hours away from O.C.
  15. elliespad

elliespad Member

I'm local in the summer. We live in Upstate New York (near Lake George and Saratoga Springs) but spend summers in Ocean City. Been doing that for about 16 years. Talk about the CONDOS! And no more Shantytown :(

My daughter lives there now. Was in Annapolis, but is living in OC now. Just applied to Graduate School of Nursing at Salisbury. Keeping fingers crossed.
  16. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Ellie - I've visited that area once. Have you ever been to the Thousand Islands area of Upstate NY? It's really beautiful. My whole family remarked on our trip how beautiful upstate NY is. Outsiders always think of the city, but you have beautiful country there also.

It's sad they are trying to change the feel of O.C., since it has been a family vacation spot for so long. Bringing in all these new developers, and 800k condos.. it's not good for the people who have enjoyed Ocean City for years.
    :eek:/ I hope they don't ruin it too badly, and leave some of the golden oldies so we don't feel too out of place.
    Annapolis is a pretty area too. It is fun to go down to the marina when all the sailboats are in.

17. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi butterfly thanks for sharing your photo's my husband is also a member of Flicker. I think they are all very beautiful. I also love flowers I have never seen pink tulips before.

18. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I also love to take pics. of flowers and butterflies.

I especially loved the pic. of the hosta leaf with the drops of water.

Keep it up and maybe you'll get your work into some good magazines.
  19. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Sunflowergirl - Thanks! It's one of my goals to someday be good enough to be a published photographer. :)