My picture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lighthouselady, Aug 8, 2006.

1. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I finally got a picture of me and my wonderful hubby posted in my profile. He's such a honey and is so supportive. The picture is a few years old but basically we still look the same.

Judy
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I love your hair! BTW - The picture you posted does not have your husband in it.

I have a totally off topic question for you and feel free to tell me to mind my own business. I saw that you are a medical transcriptist (sp?) and I am wondering if you work from home and if so, are you able to support yourself?

I am trying to figure out what to do next - my current job will be phased out at some point (2-5 years I think) and I do not want to get another job in Telecommunications. I want to be able to support myself by working for myself. Any advice you could give I would really appreicate it. Thanks, Nancy
  3. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

thinking about going into medical transcription, how do you like it?

and by the way you are soo cute in that picture!!

Thanks, Kelly
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Nice to meet you!! I still need to get a photo in! You look like a very nice gal!..................sydney
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Nice to meet you! I also didn't see your hubby in the picture, but, I am very glad he is supportive of you!

"E"
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2006]
  6. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Sorry about that, I guess that was a fibro fog moment when I put the picture in. Anyway, the picture with my husband is in there now, handsome devil that he is.

As for transcription, I lost my job in the hospital 10 months ago because I couldn't "achieve" their "production standards". I was dealing with tendinitis of the right thumb at the time, caused by trying to keep up. It was a totally unfair loss of the job and I'm in litigation about it. I have applied for SSDI in the meantime. So I am not typing at home. In order to do transcription at home, I feel you would have to have at least some experience in the field. Even with the 25 years I had doing transcription there were still times that you needed help from co-workers to hear a certain word, most of us "oldies" still needed help sometimes. It's possible to do it at home but prepared for some frustrating moments in trying to figure out what the docs are saying. Hope this helps, I don't want to be a pessimist but you really need to know a lot of medical words & understand them too.

Judy