My plan to help people understand FMS...literally.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Apr 3, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have read a lot of posts about people not understanding this DD (FMS for me). I am lucky that my family and friends are compassionate, however my LIL (live in love) and friends-although compassionate do not understand how hard it is working and trying to take care of the house, etc...LOL.

So here is my idea.

First of all have them to put small sharp rocks in their shoes.

Follow with weights placed on their shoulders along with pins and needles stuck in base of neck (deep).

Then place some vice grips on both their wrists and also on their knees and stick some pins in deep there also.

A big vice grip around the head along with one of those big rubber bands (which I get to pull and let go...SNAP...hurts like hell doesn't...hee hee).

Some more weights placed on their wrists and ankles and some big snapping rubber bands add a few hard well placed kicks.

After this I would look at them very innocently and and ask...Why aren't the dishes done? Why isn't the laundry folded and put away? Why did you call off work today dear don't you fee well?

Then...Why don't you want to go dancing?

OK...I feel a little better now. I can picture my friends and LIL with those things on their bodies...

Please feel free to add to my list...I did this kind of quick and I am sure everyone has more pain inducing items to add.

It is really too bad I can't do this no matter how much I would like to though....

Big hugs to all,

Karen

2. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

This sounds like a plan :)

You know maybe they should also have to carry around their car keys in their hands while searching all over the house for them? Whatcha think?
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I use the rubber bands to explain sometimes. Also, like someone is taking a knife and jabbing it into my knees.

Also, have them take a washrag, wet it, then twist it as hard as they can, thats what my muscles would look like all over.

Here's to a better understanding from all.
  4. TJC

TJC New Member

I agree with all of these....

and in addition - have them not be able to speak in complete, comprehensible sentences....and then forget what they were talking about halfway through! Then I would look at them like they were crazy! :)
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

...thanks so much you guys those ideas are great....LOL.

Karen
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

They then need to keep the house clean, do all the shopping and take care of the kids too.

7. kjfms

kjfms Member

...as I am sure you know easier said than done...LOL

4ever,

That was so good I am actually laughing.

Thanks to you both,

Karen
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

So witty you guys are!

Brain is gone....but lol at these!

findmind
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so glad you are enjoying these I am as well.

Once in a blue moon I come up with something good (blushing now) I am looking forward to the different responses...so far they are great.

Thanks,

Karen
  10. caperkat

caperkat New Member

what a great idea, kj. I would also add that whenever I am looking around or at someone, I sometimes have to turn my body to see them, if my eye muscles are hurting too much to just look to the side.

I love everyone else's additions.

kat
  11. mamabear2157

mamabear2157 New Member

Have them sleep, (yeah right), all night on rocks and pebbles and see what they feel like in the morning. Then tell them it's a full day of housework, shopping, cooking, and anything else that might just pop-up.
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

...thank you both so much. What great thoughts, I knew I left a lot out...whew.

Just one day of this and everyone would at least get the picture wouldn't they?

Thanks,

Karen :)
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

...that is so true.

Thanks,

Karen
  14. sues1

sues1 New Member

How about wrist and and bands that you can give them a little shock here and there (you have a remote) and they will drop what they have in their hand or fall as their ankle gives out?

Thanks for the laughs.......that was brillant! Susan
  15. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I am loving this. I really like yall's descriptions better, mine seems so gross!!! You all have a better sense of humor than me...I love to read your posts, just makes me laugh!!!! One thing I would do is to insert marbles at different places all over the body, especially the wrists, elbows, knees, etc. Hell, everywhere, then let the bad stuff in the marbles start to empty into their system while telling them to drive in traffic with the kids fighting in the back seat, clean the house, dishes, laundry, etc. Oh, they must go to the doggy park, that will surely "help" them feel better. Get out in the sun with 100 dogs running around you, take in the sounds and smells, really enjoy the experience!!! Then say, "See, don't you feel better!!??" My sister thought out this plan for me on Sunday.
  16. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Some ice picks along the spinal column...be sure to get them in there good.
    Also, some acid poured over the ribcage and shins and a couple fish hooks that connect lower back to tops of legs.

That should do it.
  17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Karen:
    Not a bad idea!

n.f.
  18. p_fear

p_fear New Member

how about a couple cement blocks strapped to their back and a swift kick in the butt for the hell of it nothing like kickin you when your down right
  19. kjfms

kjfms Member

...thanks so much for adding to the list those are great.

I am so glad I am not the only twisted individual here...hee hee hee (little evil laugh) ;)

Keep the coming you guys-I am just loving this...LOL.

Thanks to all,

Karen
  20. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Put a bowling ball on each shoulder and carry it around. And have some sand put in there eyes,when you looked thru them the pain would slice thru thier mushed up brain.
    Wrap thier body up so tight,that everything would throb like a giant toothache,and then do the housework!
    Stick them on one of those shaking machines(use to be used it to lose weight),and try to write,or rest.You feel like you've been pluged into an electrical socket!!:>)
    See what they feel like doing then!!
    Thanks Karen.Makes me feel better just thinking of them having these.

Gentle hugs
    Jordane