My portable tape player

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, May 22, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I like to listen to music when I walk the dogs, wash the car, water the garden, etc. I have a Sony Walkman which has worked very well these past 4 or 5 years, but like me it is getting on in years.

Noticing that such machines are becoming increasingly rare, Gordon bought me a new one so I would have it when I needed it.

The new machine is by Panasonic. I don't know where it was made, but the instruction sheet says printed in Tiawan. It also advises that for repairs it should be sent to Puerto Rico.

The instruction sheet is a big as a TV table but it is totally useless. I can't open the machine to insert either batteries or cassette tape.

This seems to be pretty much where things are these days. I know; have been for some decades.

The USA no longer manufactures anything. Products are shoddy and instructions, often in multiple languages, are more like puzzles than instructions.

I'm fed up. I would call somebody and complain, but you know what happens when you try to call these days.

Disgusted in LA
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

During my recent computer problems I had to call tech support at Dell, I spoke to someone in India,the same thing with Earthlink. They were very nice however between their accent and my fibro fog, it was very hard to go threw all the steps that they asked me to do.

I don't understand how American business's can hire someone across the ocean to do a job that many Americans should be doing. It just isn't right, they are taking their money and supporting another countries people. It should be OUR people being supported.

Millions in this country live below the proverty level, have no health insurance or turn into criminals because it is the only way to survive for them.

And we wonder why our country is in the shape it is in, don't blame it all on the government, it is American business's stuffing their pockets and feeding some one else across the world. Ok I am stepping off my soapbox now. Thank you Rock for this post and the post you made on mine. Carla
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Sounds like it's time to send Gordon out to buy you an iPod!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  4. rockgor

You got it, Carla. Gordon called AT&T about our rotten computer service. Talked to someone in the Phillipines. They wanted to charge $90 to install a new wire.

Gordon said we pay a monthly charge to cover such costs. The guy said, "Oh, we have no record of that."

Everything is a battle, even something you've already paid for.

Greenbean, I don't even know what an Ipod is. A kid at work had something like a fat watch that he said played music. Maybe that was it?

Stop and smell the world changing even as it whirls under your feet, faster and faster.

5. rockgor

Thy modern name is computer.

Here I am complaining about technology. Took multiple tries to get the thing to post. Ended up w/ it posting 4x.

And I don't mean for the good times. Haha

Rock and Kris
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You do have a way of starting my mornings with a good hearty laugh, and I thank you..

Rock, I feel for ya. Just go to any search engine and put in 'ipod' and you'll get the answers you need. My husband loves his, you choose your own music that you like to download on it so no song is ever a bad one.

He travels with his, listens to it in the car etc...

Nancy B