My Psychiatrist believes in CFS Happy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my psychiatrist (who won't support my PTSD app for disability, but now when he knows the combo CFS and PTSD, will) believes in CFS! That is SOOO helpful to me. He was into the viral theory, with CMV and EBV chronic. That's ok, at least he is fully into it. That means he is probably openminded to read up on the latest too. He was right of course when he said I must have elevated levels (chronic) EBV and CMV. I said how do you know for sure if it's chronic, he said you don't, unless your doc cares to retest to document the values.

Anyway, my life have been on the rough side, so this was a positive that lightened up my day! I felt like sharing, and it is positive to know that a psychiatrist believes in this. Now he is suddenly pushing for dfocumentation and the right docs to verify for me for my disability claim in regards to CFS which I did not originally claim for. Yey!
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

That's great news.

Good luck with your disability battle.

Shar
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Yeah! Thanks guys! I hear about counselors and psychiatrists, etc who are not educated in this area, seems common place. It was good to find out my old guy is one the right side of the fence,,,LOL!