My Puppy

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hawkeye, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Hi all,

I have a 10 year old dachshund who is my rock. I can not tell you how much he means to me. His back has gone out for no apparent reason other than it is "normal" for dachshund's back to do this. He was totally paralyzed last Thurday, went to the Doc and had treatment and is better but he still can't walk well and he is hurting. His name is Sammy and while I feel silly asking for this could you please include him in your prayers. He is such a doll and it breaks my heart to see him in pain.

Hugs,
    Karen
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

This sounds like the same thing that happened to my co-workers dachshund. His little back messed up and he was in so much pain. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think it's silly to pray for our pets. They are part of our families. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats and I feel like they're my babies. My real baby will be 16 years old next week so I love having my little babies that can sit on my lap and love on me. I think it's wonderful how excited they get when they hear my car door close when I'm home.

Father please heal Karen's dog and relieve his pain. He is such a faithful companion and is cherished so much. We thank you for your love, compassion and understanding about our pets. They bring such joy in our lives. Touch Karen's dog with healing. In Jesus' name amen.
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have had shih tzu's since 1976. At one point I had 13 adults plus three litters. I was showing and breeding. '

Our dogs ask so little and give so much. What they give is a pure heart, with no strings attached. They don't care how you look or how much you weigh or what you are wearing. Our pets want only food and love. In return they give their all.

I am doctoring what will be my last shih tzu, who will be 11 in July. Medicine daily for colitis and she is healing from a huge lump under her chin. It is not cancer or she would be dead. It had no smell but I suspect is lymph. I hold her with me, and I don't intend to subject her to tests and fright.

We sympathize, we identify and we hold your hand.

From NZ also has a doxie.
  4. fromnz

fromnz Guest

As Asatrump mentioned I too have a Dachshund, she is a long haired miniature & I have had her just over a year now. My previous Dachshund made it to nearly 15 & he had back problems at times also, he had steroid treatment each time & came right. Unfortunately I had to part with him in January of last year, it was really hard but I couldn't let him suffer, I found out later he had leukemia, so I am glad he didn't have to cope with that.
    My dog is my family, my old boy was really lovely, & my new little baby is a delight, I wouldn't want to be without one!
    I pray your Sammy will make a good recovery, he isn't old yet, so hopefully you will have a few more years together.
    Best wishes,
    Linda.