My reg doc put me on Naprosyn, is anyone taking this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Just wondering cause I dont think she knows what she is treating. Yes I'm looking for a FM doc in WV also.
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Just wondering cause I dont think she knows what she is treating. Yes I'm looking for a FM doc in WV also.
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I have taken this - just a glorified Advil in my opinion - pain reliever (not really helpful) and anti-inflammatory.
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

Until I could find a doc to prescribe a pain reliever I used Aleve and took much more than I should have, but even that didn't touch the pain. I hope you are able to find a good doc soon.

Barbara
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

it's alieve. it doesn't help with everything but it does help the tendonitis some. i don't have anything stronger right now. cindi
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Naprosyn was prescribed for me years ago when I had horrid cramps during menstruation (this was before I was diagnosed w/ endometriosis). It did nothing except upset my stomach. Can't say my experiences were anything but negative.

best thoughts that you find something to help you.
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I use Naprosyn & it works to cut the edge of the pain. I've been on a ton of prescriptive meds in the past, but they also relieve just some of the pain & eventually I just needed more of them. I prefer OTC and homeopathic treatment for me. Everybody is different though. Good luck. At least give it a true try before moving on to narcotics. dolsgirl
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Was on Naprosyn many years ago..It kinda took the edge off at times (at the time I was just on it for discs in my back)
    It is a pain reliever in it and anti-inflammatory (sp)..I really didn't think they used that much these days anymore..
    Take Care..........Donna
  9. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Now I'm scared to take that much.