My Resignation As Moderator

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Friends,

After four years of moderating, I find myself spread too thin. I have been focusing on regaining my own health and it is turning into a full-time job. I am getting better slowly but the challenge of healing seems to be getting greater. I am finding that I have less and less time to devote to moderating.

I will continue to be a participating member here. Every single treatment I have found helpful has come from our members here. This is such a valuable resource for us. The members are what makes this place so special and I want to thank everyone here. I keep everyone in my prayers. God bless you all.

Love, Mikie

2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I am so glad that you're staying with us.I wish you Good luck in your quest to be healthy.Many thanks for the job you have done.Linda
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I respect your decision.

I hope your health continues to improve.

take care
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I do know how Stressful this job, can be, unpaid, and lot's of work. You've been a fair Mod, to me, and I have appericated it, I was here to Welcome you, and I hope I'm not saying goodbye, I know your going to get a lot of, Post's, asking you to stay,

How about just a Break, sometimes we all need that,
    Hug's,
    Sharonk
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You have been such a great asset to us for such a long time. But I can totally understand that your health and priorities come first.

At least you will be remaining a member and I look forward to seeing you here as either a moderator or member.

Best of luck to you and so happy you'll post when possible.

Much love,
    Faye
  6. darude

darude New Member

You will be missed but you will still be here so that is OK. Yea trying to improve our health is fulltime job.
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

moderating a message board like this involves, and the extra work and hours required when things do not go as smoothly as everyone would like. You, and the other moderators here, have given us the gift of your time.

Thank you for helping to make the Immume Support message board a great resource from which many of us have benefitted.

love, Tansy

8. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Mikie:

You will be missed. I have not been on this site for long, but the time I have you have been truely an inspiration and a god send to me and many others.

I completely understand your reasons and I am sure I am not the only one that feels that you need to focus on your health first before you can help focus on others.

Christina
  9. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Mikie:

You will be missed. I have not been on this site for long, but the time I have you have been truely an inspiration and a god send to me and many others.

I completely understand your reasons and I am sure I am not the only one that feels that you need to focus on your health first before you can help focus on others.

Christina
  10. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Mikie:

I am so sad to see you go as a moderator. You have been wonderful. Eventhough I haven't been here that long, I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Get better and please do visit the site whenever you can.

God Bless you too.

Many tender hugs,

Francey
  11. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Dear Mikie,

I have not been participating all that long but I have been reading messages for a while. You seem so wise and have such a balanced view of the world. You have worked so hard and so long on behalf of all of us here.You deserve more time to devote to your own healing.

Thanks you so much for your selfless work and I look forward to your continuing posts.

All the Best

Kathy.

12. cobie

cobie New Member

Also havn't been here long,but appreciate your very informed input . thankyou and lots of luck with your own health .cheers Cobie
  13. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

your fairness, caring ways and wisdom have meant so much and I know you must put your health first....but know that you will be missed!!!!!

We will look for your posts when time permits as you are very special to us...always.

Take care and God's Blessings to you...and a bunch of soft hugs. Jackie :eek:)
  14. libra55

libra55 New Member

Sometimes we just have to know when to hold and when to fold.

I'm glad you're staying on the board though!

You've done a great job being a Moderator.

See you around

Michelle
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I can understand your decision, and what is really neat is that you won't be leaving, and we will still get to talk with you, you with all your wisdom and discretion and your wonderful personality.

I'm sure being a moderator takes hours of time and takes a toll because of the stress, etc.

Best wishes for your health...please keep posting so we don't have to worry about you. I surely do appreciate your time as moderator; you do a wonderful job.

Blessings,
    Sue
  16. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I understand what you're saying, but I don't want to lose you as a moderator. You've been so good to me - to all of us, and I know I'll miss seeing your posts/advice.

Please continue to post, and keep us posted on how you're doing. I'm glad you're getting off the Klonopin as it doesn't mix with Xyrem. I hope that you'll find the right treatment - Xyrem or not - and moderate again.

I moderate on another site and I know how much work it is, but it's so rewarding, too.

Please feel better soon, and please keep posting.

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2005]
  17. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...all these years! We will miss you immensely, but certainly do understand. We wish you well, and will look forward greatly to your posts, even if you aren't moderating. Thanks so much for the years of time & commitment you've spent making this the great board that it is!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm not going anywhere. I just don't feel I can do justice to moderating and work so hard at healing. Something has to give.

Moderating here has been a privlege and I remain a strong supporter of ProHealth and their products and charitible programs.

Your posts are bringing tears to my eyes. Thank you all so much for your kindness.

Love, Mikie
  19. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Mikie:

Thanks for the work you have done here for all of us. I wish you success, and hope you are feeling better soon. It will be nice to see your familiar name on the board, and I'm glad you will still be on from time to time. Take care of yourself.

M J
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

You've been such a good moderator, I can only echo what everyone has already said. Voices of reason are often few and far between.

Moderating must have amounted to almost being a full time job, I don't know how you've done what you have done! You have been greatly appreciated!

Hope you find that the extra time to devote to recovery really helps you in leaps and bounds!

All the best,
    Victoria