My Rheumy almost laughed me out of his office....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kacjac, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

When, I questioned him about a perscription for Hydrotherapy
    as in a hot tub......For one he didn't have to laugh, for two, he didn't have to tell me that the Ins. Co. would laugh, and three, he didn't have to rub it in my face, that "HE" had one at his house........jerk!
    Heck, I wasn't playin' dumb, I was serious, and have a friend, her mother was a DR. and she had written a script for one, and by golly, the Ins. Co. brought her pt. out one, set it up and everthing!
    Ofcourse my Ins. Co. are tight wads, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    Would It?
    Are am I livin' in a dream world, of wishin' and hopein'?
    Does anyone have an opinion about this?
    I am desperate. I really need one, I guess I better get to savin' my money!
    Gentle Hugz, Karen
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

that her doctor wrote her a prescription for one.

Kriket
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Our local hospital pain clinic is in partnership with a new sports facility that has a hot pool as well as tub especially for this and one can get a scrip written to walk in the hot pool or sit in the hot tub or swim or do water exercises. So will you tell him this please. Many people with arthiris Fm Lupus or anything that affects them get scrips for the hot pool and tub and it works wonders for them. In fact I am about to try and get one myself. I would have said, "Wow, how nice of you to invite me to come and use your hot tub," when he bragged about having one as one stupid comment deserves another.(LOL) He is behaving badly.

Love Anne C
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Our local hospital pain clinic is in partnership with a new sports facility that has a hot pool as well as tub especially for this and one can get a scrip written to walk in the hot pool or sit in the hot tub or swim or do water exercises. So will you tell him this please. Many people with arthiris Fm Lupus or anything that affects them get scrips for the hot pool and tub and it works wonders for them. In fact I am about to try and get one myself. I would have said, "Wow, how nice of you to invite me to come and use your hot tub," when he bragged about having one as one stupid comment deserves another.(LOL) He is behaving badly.

Love Anne C
  5. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

It gives some hope.
    I get to visit him again friday, because my ANA's are elavated. <YEA> can't wait!
    I will probably ask my PCP for refferal to a new Rheumy soon.
    I should leave the office saying, "see ya on Saturday, to use your hot tub".
    The thing I left out was, he also informed me, that he takes a glass of wine with him in there too.
    When I complained about my low libido with Zoloft, he turned around and increased the dosage, and said " well not taking the Zoloft is not going to turn you in to a sex raving maniac". Soooo un-professional!
    Well Friday, he gets just one more chance, if he blows, he's gone!
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Have you called your insurance company and asked them if they paid for them if you have a medical reason and a doctor's prescription for one?
  7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i understand that your rhuemy laughed when you asked for a script for a hot tub but try again. really, what harm is there in asking. even if the insurance company won't pay for the whole thing maybe they will cover a portion of it. we all know that heat reduces our pain significantly, you could present it to him that way. and if he won't write it see if your primary md will.
    rachel
  8. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Paid my copay, at 1:30 pm, got ticked off, and walked out at 10 minutes till 3:00pm he didn't show up, not in my room at least and I was it, he had no other pts........I had a nurse check on him, I heard her call his name, and then 10 minutes later, still no one! I walked.....got my money back, and went to my next appt. ( which was very important)I wasn't about to miss it! It was with my GYN, pertaining to my up-coming surgery.
    Please wish me well!!!!
    Hugz, Karen