My Ribs Are In So Much Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, May 4, 2006.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

WOW...I am a complainer lately, but my ribs are just about killing be lately. The pain is terrible, feels like I have been working out, or I have broken them. I can hardly sleep too, just turning over from one side to another is hard. When I try to get up in the morning I just dread it, it takes me all my energy and it hurts so much. What is this caused from? I hear you guys get it to, but is this part of our disease too? Lately with the exhaustion and my ribs, I feel like a 90yr old lady trying to walk around, and when I am in a remission, wow, you wouldn't believe I was the same person.....sharon5650
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I get a constant pain in the lower left rib, feels like a broken rib too. I did have a bout with all over rib pain a while back, then it settled in this one place. Have no idea.Sorry you are in such pain.

Love Anne C
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm having this too and it's aweful! Is your pain around your ribs in your back? I've read about costocondritis but they mention a chest pain more. My pain is definitely in my back and it's intense. Deep and throbbing. I do have tightness in my chest as well - sort of like how it feels with anxiety.

Anyway, just trying to clarify if this is the same pain you are describing? Anyone's input would be great!

Sofi
  4. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Most of my problems are in my left rib cage. It hurts all the time. It goes around into the back, also. The right side are sore too, but nothing like the left. I describe it as feeling like I have been hit by a truck...maybe a little extreme, but it does hurt and I get exhausted from the hurting. I am sorry you hurt too. It is so hard to get in a comfortable position. And...to lay down, I have arthirits in my hips, so it is just not much fun at all. I take trazadone to sleep, that does help.
    Good to hear from you.
    Hang in there!!
    God Bless,
    Nyssagirl
  5. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Most of my problems are in my left rib cage. It hurts all the time. It goes around into the back, also. The right side are sore too, but nothing like the left. I describe it as feeling like I have been hit by a truck...maybe a little extreme, but it does hurt and I get exhausted from the hurting. I am sorry you hurt too. It is so hard to get in a comfortable position. And...to lay down, I have arthirits in my hips, so it is just not much fun at all. I take trazadone to sleep, that does help.
    Good to hear from you.
    Hang in there!!
    God Bless,
    Nyssagirl
  6. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Hi Sharon,

I have that too, usually right lower side of ribs. I think I have come to the conclusion that I sleep too long in one position. Hope that helps!

Dawn
  7. meowee

meowee New Member

I have the rib pain, too. When I went to the Rheumo and he pressed on my ribs, he seemed so surprised it hurt there, too.
    /-:

best wishes all
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have many bouts of rib pain and it's all the ribs, front and back, the low ones in your waist and even my collar bone hurts. My drs call this costochondritis and yes it can affect other ribs than just the sternum.

I use lots of heat, tylenol (advil would probably be better as an anti-inflammatory)and wait it out.

I know it hurts--Hugs
    Tania
  9. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Mine hurt alot also especially when I take a deep breath. Feels like someone punched me or something,not a good feeling