My second visit at the holistic clinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by eeyoreblue02, Mar 15, 2006.

1. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Today I went back to the holistic clinic for the results of my lab work. The good news is I tested negative for Lyme disease and lupus. I had been asking to be taken off of Effexor. I contribute my afternoon crash and also my elevated cholesterol to Effexor.

She changed me from Effexor to Cymbalta. Anyone have info to give me concerning Cymbalta?

I have to start giving myself a B-12 shot every Mon, Wed and Fri. I'm a bit nervous. My husband says he'll do it for me. I look forward to the shots, just not doing it myself!

My gynecologist has been talking about a hysterectomy to help me with the pain from endometriosis. This doctor tells me the surgery may not even relieve me of the endometriosis. She is starting me on a sublingual tablet that has to be made at a compounding pharmacy. I forget what she called it. I'll tell you later after I have picked it up. It is a progesterone I think. We're hoping it will help. I have started menopause. I'm 45 so it is a bit early.

Also have to start taking fish oil and DHEA supplements and one baby aspirin a day for my heart. I wish I could remember all the right words and phrases to use here. I don't have a copy of my labs. Perhaps I should ask for a copy next time.

I go back in two weeks. Right now the two things I am hoping for are reduced pain and no afternoon crashes.

I also quit using Splenda. I think it has made a difference in how I feel. Went through a 15-hour withdrawal that wasn't too bad.

I love you guys,

Linda
  2. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Effexor was a bad med. for me; don't know about Cymbalta, but I'm sure someone here will have info on that.

Fish Oil caps very good. DHEA can help with energy. Best of all I think, are the B12 shots. Get the little insulin syringes, and you really will not feel them.

I have started asking for copies of ALL labs. and doc. reports. I have a HUGE stack of them, LOL!

Sounds like you are making progress, and doing the right things. I wish all the best for you. I think seeing a holistic doc. was a very wise thing to do.

Nice to say hi to you,
    Barry
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

It feels good when someone takes the time to answer a post. You guys are the only ones who really understand. Even my hubby thinks I should be able to do SOMETHING to get over this.

I know a lot of people take Cymbalta and I'm hoping to get some replies from someone here. I have heard of other people having problems with Effexor also.

Hope you're doing good.

Thanks again,

Linda
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

several posts about cymbalta lately--some can't tolerate it due to nausea, sleepiness--others saying it is doing well for them.

Progesterone troches have helped me alot (mid-40's too). I had ovarian cysts each month which were very painful, and many menstrual symptoms. The troches and also a little estrogen in last days of cycle have helped alot.

The things recommended to you seem good. Blessings to you. Jen102
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Troches is the word I was looking for. It had escaped me. I just hope it works for me. I have been through everything with the endometriosis and nothing works. Tried Lupon injections. Went crazy, locked my family out of the house. Felt like I was near death.

I am hoping the Cymbalta is going to work for me. Zoloft never caused me any adverse side effects but they keep wanting me on something that will help with the pain.

Thanks for your blessing. It means a lot.

Linda