My SIL is dying, please pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Oct 15, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

My husband's sister was dx with terminal lung cancer 12 yrs ago when she was given 6 mo. to live. She has considered herself very lucky to have 12 extra yrs but it seems that her time is up.

She was sent to the hospital on Friday and it appears that she will not be coming home.

Please pray that her family, including my DH, have the strength to get through this difficult time. Here my DH is out job hunting and he may have to drive 12 hrs to be with another sister who is trying to handle it all.

Please pray for my SIL. She claims to have no faith in the Lord. I pray that she does before she dies. She is only 64.

Pepper
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

because as you know my sil has stage 3 brain tumors.I know how I feel and I'm sure you feel the same.I pray also that she will find God before the end.Linda
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I hope that you are right about the job thing. When my DH retired in 2002, his favourite brother (he's from a big family and it seems that they all have their favourites) was dx with terminal cancer.

I was so glad that my DH was not working his stressful 80 hr/wk job! He had time to spend with his brother and with his brother's widow afterwards.

We were all thankful that he was no longer working at that time and figured that was the reason.

Maybe that is the reason why he does not have anything yet and something will turn up after this is all over.

Here's hoping. He just has to get through the next little while. Sadly this is his favourite sister who is dying.

Thank you for praying, hangin.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am still praying for your SIL. This is a difficult time for both our families.

Thank you for praying.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Father could You please come into the midst of this situation? Could You please come with Your peace? Please Father could You reveal Yourself to this lady? Please show her how much You love her and that You want her to come Home to be with You. Could You please send someone that You trust to speak to this lady about You. Please give Pepper strength and wisdom in this situation. Please come and comfort her and her husband at this time. Please also give them strength to do what needs to be done. Please also look after all their physical needs at this time. Thank you for what You are doing and going to do in Jesus Name Amen.
    Cath
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Pepper, I am so, so sorry to hear about your SIL. I am praying that the Lord will provide someone of faith to talk and pray with her soon. God's timing is perfect even though we don't usually ever understand it when we are in the midst of a trial. It is good that your husband didn't have a job right now. I am praying for all involved. I am praying that your husband will gain strength just being with his other family members. When my Dad was in the hospital for so long before he died just being with my mom and sister gave me incredible strength and that was truly a miracle. I will be praying for you as well. Take care and know I am thinking and praying for all of you. I know your son will be traveling back in a few days to so will pray for him as well.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

Cath, Nancy and tigress11. Thank you for your prayers and your beautiful words.

God has provided a person of great faith to be with her at this time - my DH's other sister. They were raised in a religious home and this other sister is still a very active member of her church. I am hoping that at some point she can get through to her sister.

The latest news though is that she is suffering from dementia from the toxins in her body so I don't know if she will ever be cogent again.

My DH is the big "softie" in his family so it will be good for him to feel the support of the rest of his family. This time has been coming for so many years that I think they are all shocked that it is actually happening.

Thank you so much for praying. It means a lot to my DH and to me that you are there.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Please know that I will be praying for this dear one... and all of your family. We will all bind together and ask God to strengthen your family and help your dear loved one to not suffer!

With my love.....Mari
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers and support. This Worship Board community means so much to me especially at times like this.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  10. caffey

caffey New Member

My mother was dying with Alzheimers. She was unconscious and didn't know the Lord. My dad told us to go in individually and say our good byes. I told my mom that Jesus was here and He wanted her to reach out to Him. She opened her eyes and smiled at me and passed a few hours after. So you never know what happens in the last moments and in the unseen realm. Keep the faith. It will be ok.
    Cath
  11. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Pepper

I feel so bad for you and your family. I wish I knew what to say to help you through this very hard time.

I will pray for you all that the Lord our God will be with you and give you his strength and peace in your time of need

hugs

kgangel
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

Desertsage, Cath and kgangel for your prayers. My SIL's are both nurses so I am sure that the one who is religious will continue to speak to the one who is dying even if she is not conscious. I am sure she will know enough to say that Jesus is reaching out for her. Thanks for those comforting words.

It is wonderful to know that you are all there and praying.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am still praying for your SIL. There are so many lately with cancer. We will bind together for these needs.

Love.....Mari
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

I believe that this lovely lady does need our prayers until she passes. I hope that she allows Jesus into her heart.

When my mom died 11 yrs ago last Friday, she had lasted 3 wks after the doctors had given her 24 hrs to live! So it is up to God when she goes. Hopefully He is giving her this time to make her peace with Him.

Thank you for praying.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that she comes to God.Linda
  16. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I will pray for you sister-in-law that the Lord will reveal himself to her heart and that she will go peacefully to heaven.

I will pray for your husband as well as you and the rest of your family through this very diffuclt time for strength and comfort.

Lastly, that your husband will be able to find a great job that he will be wonderful at.

Much love to you my friend,
  17. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers.

It is so hard watching my DH going through this again. This is his second sibling to die a lingering death from cancer in the last few years. Maybe the Lord is giving her this time to come to Him.

Although she seems unconscious right now, her sister told me last night that she attempts to smile when they speak to her and she gave her sister's hand a squeeze last night. So she is obviously aware and hopefully listening to her sister.

I appreciate all the prayers going up from this board.

(((HUGS)))Pepper