My sincerest sympathies flare out of nowhere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Thistledown, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I know that a great many of you struggle to live each day with as little pain as possible. Some of you just wish for a normal day. I have been able to live somewhat normal for a couple of years; I still have restless legs (born with them!) and I have a stiff painful neck most of the time.

I was well enough that for the last eighteen months I have been a martial arts student, running, rowing, working full-time night shift and sleeping fours a day around taking care of two young children.

Well, the husband got ill, I was under even more stress than usual, things got hairy, and I got punched in the face at sparring practice the night before my promotion test (martial arts). I ignored it, but a flare snuck up on me and tonight my skin hurts, my bones hurts, my muscles hurt, I feel like I have a bad flu and it's my first night back at work after two weeks of vacation nightmare (way too much to discuss).

The muscle spasms, the fatigue, the brain fog, the plantar fascitis, the arthritis, the tender points, all of it are here to visit.

I wanted to express my sincerest sympathies to those of you who struggle each day just to get out of bed and make it to the bathroom or to the kitchen. My sympathies to those of you who wish you could just get up and play with your children or grandchildren. My sympathies to those who wish they could do all they see other doing, or accomplish things you used to love to do. I didn't quite forget what it felt like, but this reminder has helped me put some things into perspective.

Gentle hugs and healing thoughts for all of you!!!

Thistle
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thank you Thistle. It means so much when someone understands. Have you noticed that only those affected can have empathy?

I hope that this flare is short lived and that you can get back to a somewhat normal life. Take good care of yourself.

((((Hugs to You))))

3. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I sure hope it's a short flare - I am grateful I have a high pain tolerance or I wouldn't have made it through this much of the night. It didn't help that our dog howled all day yesterday while I was trying to sleep - for two weeks she got used to us being home all day and awake. Now I am back on night shift and my husband is back on evening shift, and she was upset about being stuck in her crate.

Right now I hurt so much I feel like vomiting...only four more hours to go, and then it's home to get my son ready for school. I could hope the husband will be awake and take care of things, but he has issues of his own (that's why I am stretched so thin). Just prop me up in a hot tub so I can't drown and I think I could sleep for a month!

I am amazed that some of you folk live feeling like this for years. I have always had mild FM, but it got really bad a couple of years ago. I can't truly explain how I improved - it was many things that helped. But here I am in such pain and I KNOW that there are a bunch of you who have felt like this every day for years on end.

I would bow to you except I think I would pass out!

Thistle
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you, Thistle! Yes, as Sweetie says, only those of us who've "been there" can fully sympathize.

I hope your flare is a very short-lived one.

Marta
  5. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I am often here reading all of the posts, but I haven't had much to contribute lately...

I am just fighting to get through the night. Also, one of my evil coworkers (he's a darling) left a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the break room, and they are calling my name (must be the sugar).

It's four in the morning, and I am cold, tired, in pain, and even though I really don't feel like eating the doughnut appeals to me.

All I really want is to go get a huge cup of peppermint herbal tea, climb in my car, go home, heat up my rice bag (I don't like heating pads - afraid to leave it turned on), snuggle into bed and put a sleep sachet (lavender, hops, roses, chammomile) next to my head and drift off to dreamland.

I am soooo ready, will someone carry me??? (just kidding)

Thistle