My skin hurts so bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosesark, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Hi everybody, i am still being tested, and am waiting for an appnt. for a lumbar puncture then a muscle biopsy. I have been diagnosed already with neuropathy amd fibro, but the doc's think something else is going on also. I have a bad acne like rash across my nose and cheeks and my neck is red except for around my adams apple. It looks weird. Anyway, today the skin on my back and on the front of my body hurts. I can't stand to have a shirt on or for anything to touch it. It's like from the waist up. It's hard to describe other than saying that your skin feels like it is burned badly and it is extra sensitive to the touch. I take 18oomg of neurontin and 60mg of morphine for pain. This feeling has not been this bad before. Has anyone else felt this? Rose Morgan
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

That's exactly how I feel right now! I was trying to describe my pain the other day, and I said the closest I could think of was that it felt like a sunburn - except I haven't been in the sun! I have had horrible pain in my neck, shoulders and back, and across the front of my body, and it makes my skin feel as if it's been burnt. I started physical therapy yesterday and hope it helps. I did some housecleaning today though and am in more pain than ever! I take Neurontin too, and also am taking Ultracet. So far, no help though. The Neurontin does help me sleep though. Thank God for that! This is the weirdest illness, isn't it?

Annette2