My skin hurts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lil_angel1198, Jan 23, 2007.

1. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I think I'm going back into a flare....and I was just starting to feel pretty good considering it's winter.

My skin is so sensitive that I can't touch it, and I can't let anything else touch it...not even my clothes. It hurts to type too, so I won't be on long.

This feels like nerve pain, and I have no idea what to do to make it feel better.
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Most of my problem is with that burning sensation in my skin, so I know what you are describing! I take tramadol and neurontin and that seems to help the most. But, if you don't want to take meds, or find they don't work for you, try a hot shower. I find that works pretty well for helping to take away that feeling. It relaxes the muscles and I think the hot water gives a different sensation to your brain to conteract that skin sensitivity.

Hope you can find something that works for you!

Take care, Sally
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

lil_angel1198 i just wrote a message about my sking feeling like it was on fire. You'll be happy to know that there were quite a few of us here that have that same problem and we all attribute it to fibro. As for what to do about it, that is the delemia. i have found that the less i do right now the better it is getting. i guess i would say it is part of a flair and not an easy part because it's winter so you pretty much have to cover your skin. Good luck......SueF

4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

so much it felt like bear claws ripping open my flesh if someone touched my arm. That's all I can do to describe it.

Since I couldn't walk around neckked (as we say in Texas), I asked my Dr for some help, and I tried Topomax, and that has helped immensely with the nerve pain! I can actually wear clothes comfortably most of the time, and get a hug!

That's just better for everyone! :)
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I take klonopin at bedtime and a small amount of xanax during the day will help too. I take about .12mg. Since xanax comes in different strengths that would be 1/4 or 1/2 a tablet.

Spacee
  6. EmberFae

EmberFae New Member

I'm so happy mine isn't that bad when it happens.
    Useally feels like a sunburn when I'm not sunburned. Really dry and tight.

Ember Fae
  7. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Tramadol, and it helps but doesn't relieve it. I don't get this very often, but when I do it drives me nuts. It does feel like a burn, without the burn occurring.

I was in a major flare that started in September and ran through the early part of December. My hip was giving me major problems to the point that I couldn't walk, sit or stand for more than about 10 minutes at a time. My doctor told me to take twice as much pain med (Tramadol) and to take my muscle relaxer 3xs a day.

It helped tremendously to do this, though it took about a week and a half to make it feel better. Then I was then good for almost a month, and it has started again. So, it's back to the higher pain med dose and the muscle relaxers more often. I only use them when I need them, which my doctor said was a good way to do it.

I was hoping maybe there was something else I could try to help relieve the skin thing.... so I will try the shower and see what happens. I'm on 8 meds now and I don't want to add anymore if I don't absolutely need to.

I just hope I don't get nerve damage from this.