my skin is itching and burning like crazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Jul 26, 2008.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It's been a month now. I have bumps under my skin that itch so bad I could dig holes in my arms. I've tried hydrocortosone, doesn't help. Right now I've got milk of magnesia liquid smeared on my arms and it helps cool it a little. When I gets really bad I put ice on my arms. I've read up on sun allergy, and I'm thinking that might be the problems. Most people start itching from late spring to fall and then it goes away.

Anybody have a solution?
  2. sunflowergirl

can anyone help?
  3. poets

poets Member

Have you tried Corn Husker's Lotion? Sometimes that will help this sort of thing. It's been around for a long time, so I guess it must be good for something. I've used it for itchy dry skin and rashes from allergies before. It's really not all that expensive either. It should be available at your local pharmacy. It's certainly worth a try!

Hope you soon feel better.

4. ethermom

ethermom New Member

Sometimes Sarna cream helps--it is over the counter, and it is sometimes recommended to our dialysis patients who can get very itchy . Would your Dr say it is OK for you to take Benadryl ? Or fish oil tablets, which may be a longer term solution that might not help right away. Perhaps it is allergies,due to the seasonal nature, in which case you might benefit from seeing an allergist ( 2 people in this family have been helped by that! ) Kris
  5. sunflowergirl

I've never heard of sarna but will check it out.

This itching is almost like a burning sensation. I've scratched myself almost raw in places. I got this same thing last July, but my Mom was in isolation and I had to wear a plastic covering and the doc. thought it was allergy to the plastic. It finally went away after months of it and now it's July and I've got this again.

6. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

and could very well be from sun or heat.

to test this take a benadryl (at night) and a ranitidine (an OTC acid reflux medications.

The first is an H1 blocker and the second is an H2 blocker.

Take these for a couple of days. If it resolves or gets a little better, then it might be an allergy.