My Sleep Is Messed Up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OK, seems I've entered a new phase of exhaustion. I get up and usually feel fairly normal. I do things in the mornings but by early afternoon, I have to lie down. I fall into a deep sleep and wake sometime in the evening. I watch some TV and go to sleep at my normal time. Then, I wake up about 3:30 in the morning and start the cycle all over again. This morning, I was unable to get back to sleep so just got up at 3:30. As y'all know, I've been very tired following my fall and head injury but that's been almost 3 months ago. I started feeling better but, at the same time, my sleep cycle is off. At least now, I am getting half a day of normalcy instead of a whole day of total exhaustion. Hate to whine but this is too strange.

Love, Mikie
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Oh boy, can I ever relate!

I recently weaned myself off Temazapam (Restoril) with the UK method of using Valium, then tapering that. Sorta so far so good, but now and then I need something to help me sleep well which means a bit of Valium. I take Xanax for anxiety when needed so I want to be off the Valium. A conundrum!

I don't remember if you take anything for sleep or not, Mikie, but if not, don't. Ride it out if you can. Getting off them is very hard and, at least for me, you're back where you started when you began taking them in the first place.

You probably already know this.......

Good luck.
    Marta

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow! You've been through the ringer. I have taken Klonopin for years and it has always helped me to get to sleep. It still does but I wake around 3:30, which is a new thing. Don't know what's going on. I'm recovering from a head injury and I tend to think it might have something to do with that. After I fell, I was sleeping all day long for several months which my doc says is normal after a closed-head injury like mine. So, now I usually am OK when I get up but by afternoon, I'm exhausted again. I fall asleep early in the evening, watch a bit of TV and go to sleep at my normal time. Just don't know why I'm waking at 3:30. I think everything is just messed up. Gonna ride it out to see what happens. Today, I'm in and resting all day. Hope you are doing better.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm sure this will resolve itself but I may try some things to attempt to manage it. It's more of a nuscience than anything else. Perhaps if I rest today, it will reset something.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Labs were all good. I think this has more to do with the fall than anything else. I'm glad you get good sleep. I normally do too so this is an anomily. Thank God I can rest when I'm worn out.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I slept from about 11:00 til 5:00 this morning. That's six hours. I get by on six or seven. At least, I didn't wake up at 3:30, unable to get back to sleep.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm pooped today from not sleeping there for a while but it's good to be back on schedule. May it last.

Love, Mikie