MY SLEEP PATERNS BOTHER PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Oct 24, 2005.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I SLEEP TILL ABOUT 11AM THEN I EAT CEREAL TAKE MEDS LAY AROUND TILL 12 OR 1 THEN I SHOWER AND PICK UP HOUSE SOMETIMES I GO OUT FOR AN HOUR BUT USUALLY START SIMPLE DINNER. AFTER DINNER I START FEELING BETTER. I PLAY ON COMPUTER OR CLEAN AREAS OF HOUSE I STAY UP TILL 2 OR 3 AM. ITS CRAZY CAUSE EVERYONE THINKS IM LAZY BUT WITH PAIN YOU DO WHAT YOU CAN DO WHEN YOU CAN.

I GUESS WHAT IM ASKING IS SHOULD I FEEL BAD FOR NOT BEING ON EVERYONE SCHEDULE?I DO MISS OUT ON A LOT AND SOME DAYS I THINK WHY GET UP/ IN OTHER WORDS IM PRETTY BORED. THX FOR LISTENING
  2. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I was always an early morning person now I find I am becoming a night owl also I get really tired and find I am still awake till early hours even if I get up at about 7am I am still not able to sleep bed is so uncomfotable most nights am lucky my hubby understands but i do feel lazy as do very little on a bad day so just do what suits you and rest when you can. maybe print out the symptoms etc and leave it lying around or just give it to family to read to make them understand
    good luck
    Linda
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I wake up, my husband brings me breakfast in bed and I take an hour or two before I am able to get up. Some days I cant get up.

My sleep is disturbed, I often dont get to sleep til 4am, I waken a lot through the night so it takes me a long time to come round in the morning.

It's part of our illness and cant be helped so dont feel guilty.

love
    Rosie
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

If I could, I would have your pattern.

The only problem is that I have a son and husband, so I need to stick to a more conventional schedule. Sometimes on the weekends when I know I can sleep in the next day, I'll stay up late and get SO MUCH done.

I like it late at night when it's quiet in the house. It's peaceful when everyone else is asleep!
  5. lbok

lbok New Member

I pretty much am running on the same schedule lately - going to sleep around 3am and waking up around 11am. I was getting to sleep around 2am, but am staying up even later lately. Doesn't really make a difference if I get up earlier either. I got up around 8am on Friday and around 9am on Saturday but still was going to bed between 3 and 4am. I have always stayed up late - even as a child. I think maybe it was because I was born in the evening (lol).

6. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I usually get up between 9 and 10 a.m., but I have a morning routine (including an exercise regimen) that takes about two hours. So on most days, I don't really start doing anything until after noon. I do a lot of stuff on the computer, though that's getting more difficult lately because of sciatica and lower back pain when I sit.

At night, I also have about a 2-hour regimen to go through. So I usually wind up turning out the light between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m. (Fortunately, my husband is understanding and supportive.)

I tend to feel better later in the day (although lately, I seem to have pain all the time). In any case, like you, I do what I can when I can. You're definitely *not* alone with your schedule. Three cheers for us "night hawks."

--Laura R.M.
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I can go to sleep around 8 PM on the sofa, get up at 10 PM, go to bed and sleep until 11:45 AM. After a couple of days of that, I'm ready to stay up until 2 or 3 AM. But I still get up at around 11:45 AM.

The only reason I get up then is because I tape my soap and it comes on at 2 PM. I have to watch the tape from the day before, before the show comes back on at 2. So that sort of gives me a reason to get up, which may be good for me.

I feel I have very wacky sleep hours. I make all of my appointments in the late afternoon, when possible.

I don't feel guilty after all the years I got up at 6 AM to get my kids off to school. Plus the years I had to get up for work and the years I had to get up for school...

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Hi, leftygg!

Our sleep patterns are about the same!!! And, yes they seem to bother everybody, especially my husband!

It's after 1 AM now -- my husband went to bed at 7 PM and will get up early AM for work.

I don't feel quilty, either. I got up at 4:30 am every morning for 30 years to go to work and never got home from work until around 8 pm. My whole life was work.

My sleep patterns follow how I am feeling at the current time.

I got up at 12:00 Noon today! Then watch my soaps for 3 hours and it's time to listen to Oprah while I TRIED to get something for supper. Then I had to do 3 loads of laundry.

It's hard to get anything done with you get up at noon, especially when you hubby goes to bed at 7 pm and you have to have most of the lights out and be quiet then!!!!!
    (our children are all adults and gone now--so it's just the 2 of us)

Hugs
    Janet
  9. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

shouldn't concern you, you have enough to handle with your disease and pain. You know your body and what you need to do to cope. Please don't feel bad.
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You shouldn't feel bad about your sleeping patterns or you manner of life. It's their problem if they don't like it. I assume you are doing the best you can in this situation, so if it works for you, let them think what they may. You can't control other people.Take care of you!

(-:
    Sue
  11. bjt80

bjt80 New Member

I go to sleep sometime after 3:30 and get up between 9 and 10. And I take a nap in the afternoon if I need to. It really bothered my family a lot, and at first I really felt guilty about it. But not any more! I finally told them that this is just the way it is now and I really can't help it and I hoped they would be more understanding. They were, but only to a point. Then just recently I was DX with Spina Bifida, and Adult Tetered Cord Syndrome on top of everything else, so they realize that I am in pain 24/7 and that affects my sleep patterns.
    Now no one gripes about my sleep habits. I do what I can, when I can, and sleep whenever I feel the need. It's my body and I know it better than any one else.