My Sleeping Pattern is Messed-up*** More Pain??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Nov 22, 2005.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

My sleeping pattern is messed-up. I've been sick and been sleeping better in the day time. Now that I need to sleep at night, I've been finding it very hard to go to sleep before 3:00 AM.
    I need to get up around 5:15 AM and am having a lot more muscle pain.

Has anyone else experienced more pain when their sleep is messed-up?

Thanks.
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

I find it hard to sleep anytime, day or night... mine isn't the act of falling asleep mine is the act of staying asleep. What meds, if any are you on? Have you tried over the counter sleep meds? I just started last week on the walgreens over the counter (sleep 2) for slepp and it's helped slightly. The dosage is two but I tried 3 last night and got 4 hours of sleep before the cycle started again of 30 minutes of sleep at a time...
    I'm also on Lexapro 10mg and Xanax1mg at bedtime..

And yes, the lack of sleep does make my muscle and joint pain much worse![This Message was Edited on 11/23/2005]
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Do you have CFS? It is not uncommon for people with CFS to have messed up circadian rhythms.

Light therapy, such as is used to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder, is also used to reset the sleep cycle. You can learn more about it at [www.apollohealth.com/apps/circ_assess_survey.html].

Some research indicates that sublingual B-12 might regulate the circadian rhythm. I don’t know how much or when.

The ‘Morning Shake’ promotes production of the neurotransmitters that you need to get to sleep, so maybe it would help?
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

taking some melatonin! Works pretty good!
    Raz
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I will consider each of these. Yes I have the chronic fatigue issue also. I looked into melatonin and will buy some this weekend.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions