My Son and DIL will be on Rachel Raye......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellygirl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

they were here in the coal region of PA filming at their house, bought her a $1000 wedding gown and him a suit. They are going to pick them up in a limo, take them to Philly airport and off to Hawaii for a second honeymoon.

It's all because she was at her highest weight when they married and she was going to get bariatric surgery but chose to do it naturally with Curves and portion control. So, they are giving them a second wedding. They were originally married in Jamaica.

She lost about 85 pounds! She could be the next Jared of Curves!

2. ckball

ckball New Member

That is so cool- how long did it take her to lose the weight? Rachel Ray seems like such a great person, did you get to meet her. Congrats to the DIL and Son hope they have a wonderful time.

You have to let us know when it airs-Carla
  3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I think it took about a year. I'll let you know when it airs.

She has a mother that lives her life through my DIL and she and the sister were included in the filming. I would'be been happier if the MIL was left out. She doesn't ever let them alone.

But I am happy for them. My son and his wife dated about 7 years before they married. He didn't get to go to a prom and went to her high school prom after they met.

In the original wedding picture they were both obese, she loves to cook, loves Rachel Raye, and now she went out and bought bathing suits for the trip.

I guess I live life through them, too,.......LOL
  4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

You must be proud of both of them... Losing that much weight is awesome.......

I hope that they have a wonderful time......
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Your D-I-L must be one determined girl. That's alot of weight to lose. I met a girl the other day who lost 100 pds. on Weight Watchers.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope it's a great incentive for her to keep it off too, since hopefully they'll follow up with her too.

My cousin-in-law lost a very large amount of weight with one of the companies around in the late 1970s, and ended up in their ads in newspapers for a while, a very big thing back then.

She kept it off for maybe 10 years, but slowly crept back on again; it's been a long-time battle for both her and her sisters, their Mom as well. But none of their 3 brothers.

I really do think it's genetics... those are the people who would likely survive better in famines since their bodies are more efficient. No surprise heavier women were prized originally...

I can't imagine how exciting this is for her tho! You'll have to keep us posted as to when the show will be on!!!

all the best,
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

Congrats and please let us know when the show will be airing. I think Rachel Ray is an amazing woman.
  8. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I will let you all know when it is on....the limo is picking them up today........

thanks everyone for the well-wishes!
  9. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

It will be on Tuesday, 5/20/, in NE PA, it will be on at 2 and 3 pm on Fox. It's about her weight loss. You will see my son in the video taken in Hawaii.

There is also another woman featured with a weight-loss story.
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

This is odd. I just went from reading this post, to another message board where I discuss my soap opera. The most recent post there is "Rachael Ray May 20th, my daughter is on". She said, "My kid is on the show tomorrow. Lost alot of weight. The one in the bridal gown. I'm on too but Im old and fluffy. Also lost my accent many many many years ago."

I had to come back and read your post again. Do you suppose thats your DIL's mom who posted that?

Small web!
  11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is so neat Kelly. I just emailed myself to my home email (i am at work) to remind me to record that show. I can't wait to see it.

12. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

That is strange. There is going to be two young woman, and the one in the gown IS my DIL. That could be her mother, but the accent? I don't know what she would mean except for being from the coal country. People say we DO have sort of our own way of saying things.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for them.

Love, Mikie
  14. MST13

MST13 New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing the show and especially your relatives. What time of day, I wonder? Morning show or more than once on Tuesday the 20th??

Kelly, I was born and raised in Schuylkill County, near Hazleton. In which city or town are you?

[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2008]
  15. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Mahanoy City. I am from Schuylkill Haven. Can you say Schuylkill?.......LOL

We have Comcast and they have Service Electric Cable. Ours will be on twice, 2 pm and 3 pm.

Where are you from in Schuylkill County?
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I happened upon the RR show today here in NY and there they were TODAY! Must have been them, lost the wieght, vacation in Haiwai? Very pretty girl, strapless new gown? How cool!!!

17. ckball

ckball New Member

I have Direct TV and Racheal Ray is on at 10am-11am. The suject says Valerie Bertinelli and Womans Dreams Come true.

Is that it? I have it set to auto. What are there names so we know we have the right couple since there are more than one? Thanks-Carla
  18. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

The spot showing what is on for tomorrow is quick. It shows Heidi and my son walking the beach....

It shows Valerie sneaking up on Heidi in the mirror as she was getting ready.

Valerie is best friends with Rachel.
  19. MST13

MST13 New Member

YES! I sure can say "Skoo-kull"

Mahanoy City? That's where my mother was born, nearby in Morea. I grew up in McAdoo for the first 17 years of my life. And I know where Schuylkill Haven is!

We have Comcast also; I'll call them so I don't miss seeing your son and family. We get 2 of Rachel Ray's shows in the evening but a full hour in the morning.

I'm going to miss my 40 minute exercise class just to see this show. Looking forward.

20. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was getting worried about my DIL with her weight. But, she really worked hard and she is gorgeous. She was pretty even with the extra weight.

She loves to cook and my son discovered all this food he was missing out on and he, too, gained weight. He goes to a gym now, too, which he gets free through work.

He works in a pierogie business with the computer department, and she is a registered nurse.