My son Chris

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Nov 19, 2003.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Is having second thought about going into rehap for drinking. He is also driving a car that is not registered and his licence has expired. He is 24 yrs old so there is little I can do.

He know the Lord but has back slided and hangs around a bad crowd.

I have been so sick this year I really wanted to die. The Lord kept me safe. so this thanksgiving is suppose to be a quiet time for are family. I can not be stressed.

I need a break. and Christopher will be spending thanksgiving with the family. every year he ruins are holidays due to drinking or needing to drink.

there is no drinking here. christopher has a bi-polar disorder and gives us an incredible difficult time. I love this kid with all my heart, but he does not take responsiblities for his actions so he can't understand I can't be with him alot.

He's big guy. 6'4 and 235 pounds, when he yells at me I get really angry and upset.. I'm not use to get yelled at like that.

I had him so young and it use to be me and him against the world but I had dedicated my entire life to him. He was always in trouble, hospitalized, drug overdosed, trouble with the law, people, school neibhors ect.

I fought for him for more then half my life.

anyway what I am saying is I can't do it any more. I can only pray for him, I'm very tired and I stopped placing my happyness on weather he is sober or not.

He needs transportion to get to rehap, its out of town. could you help me pray that God will make a way.

thank you
    Lisa
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So many of us can relate to your problem with your son in one way or the other.

Most of us with children have been around the corner a few times with young people.

But believe me, the Lord can and will turn his life around.

Sometimes it seems when we can't 'physically' do for them anymore, thats when we REALLY turn them over to the Lord and He can work with them without us trying to do His work for Him, in our humble human way!

My son was a problem when he was a kid too, but when I quit, then the Lord took over totally, now he is a fine man and a parent himself, and a great parent at that.

So there is hope for your boy, and there is nothing that God can't do..........

Will be praying for both of you, but especially for your peace of mind while the Lord works with your precious son.

God blessings for your whole family...........

Shalom, Shirl

3. kim840

kim840 New Member

He is working in Chris's life. He never grows tired or weary as we do. When we completely let go and pray, that's when the results come.

I know you worry about how far Chris will go before he looks up. But I trust God to know and His plan is already in action.

Take care of yourself and your other family members. Try and let God look after Chris now. You can do so with no guilt.

Just as He desires to comfort Chris, He desires to comfort you too. He'll comfort the mom, while he works in the son.

You are in my heart and prayers.

Love in Christ and warm, gentle hugs.

Marcia
  4. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I want to assure you hon, that you have not and are in no way letting your son down, and I know you have been a wonderful loving mother. My heart broke as I read your letter, as I have had several experience with people I love who who addicted to alcohol and I know first hand how difficult and painful it is.
    The others are right, God has his hand on Chris, and you also. Sometimes it is when we are no longer to help, that the miracle we are praying for happens.
    I will keep you in my prayers, also pray God will provide what is needed for Chris to get to where he needs to be.

I send you hugs.
    Takesha
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

and my father is 81, my mother is in congestive heart failure and only 23 percent of my father's heart is working.

My son Christopher goes there, for food, to get his laundry done and money.

I have tried to stop this but my parents won't listen nor my son, but I really have more peace then I ever did before.

B.C. before Christ. Its just that there is power in prayer, 3 or more in his name. so I appreicate your prayer's

plus there is nothing I can do about it anyway. just pray.

God Bless
    Lisa