My Son Has Lost His Way, Please Pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kgangel, Sep 6, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi,

I have been praying for my son but, things keep getting worse. I have had to tell him that he will have to find another place to live if he can not be more respectful and responsible.

He has a new girlfriend and spends all his time there. He does not call and is gone for days at a time and comes home as if he has done no wrong. My youngest son feels like when he comes here it is just to use us to try to get money or take my youngest sons cologne or something else in his room.

He has taken a lot of our movies over there and they have not returned yet either. He steals from us , lies to us about it and just does not even act like he is part of the family any more.

I am heart broken, I have tried to be strong and just don't know what to do any more. I will be so sad when he is gone, but I can not live like this any more.

I am asking for prayer , I know there are sooo many concerns on here, but I really need your help

Thank you

God Bless you

Kgangel
  2. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

my prayers are with you and your son. i have two teenage sons and i'm lucky that they are involved with a church youth group. my oldest is the most involved and he has needed help.
    i worry about him. but he is surrounded by other kids who really care about him. he went to a christian concert 5 hours away in Orlando and had a seizure. these friends helped him, one stayed with him all night until we got there at 1am.

they are there on a daily basis. he was involved with a girl and was crushed by their breakup. he is still trying to get over the depression. when he loves someone...it's for real!

Have you ever heard of the Vineyard Church. they are around the country i believe. they are non denominational and community, and family oriented. i was brought up Catholic and never experienced such warmth before.

Well...my prayer for both of you is...
    be strong, look for Gods light in your childs eyes,
    it is there...but masked by earthly desires.
    Love him more today because he is so distant...
    surprise him with something special, whether it be a hug, a word of kindness, or some very special gift...(maybe a picture of him when he was little, or some long lost treasure he has forgotten about)
    when my son was distant...even hateful...i found it hard to reach him...and even harder to want to try.
    it paid off...it took awhile...but we are closer now.
    Lord give your sister hope, and lift up her spirit so she can remember that cute little boy she used to hold in her loving arms...
    someday he will really need you again...when the excitement of this girl in his life dies down...
    and there will still be a loving mother to come home to and cry to.
    in Jesus Name Amen

try not to kick him out if possible...it can lead to an everlasting split that goes beyond repair. but set some ground rules...you have the right...it's your house and he needs to respect it. i pray he finds Gods light and ends this battle he is in.

God Bless all of you...much Love
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  3. dejovu

dejovu New Member

As the momma of two strongwilled 30 yr.olds, I can relate. It's amazing how much time a mother spends in prayer.

I will be praying for you and your family.

I know my kids got their strongwilled personality from their mom and when I realized that, I was given an answer from God.

The answer I recieved was...Jesus was sent here for more than one reason. He was our example in dealing with life and tough situations.

Now when faced with things I ask ...how would Jesus handle this? It really has helped me.

You will remain in my prayers. Blessings De
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Myalgiamania and Omeeomy put their thoughts so beautifully I can't add a thing.

Please know my heart goes out to you, we expect much better from our children.

Prayers, hugs and blessings.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

May the Lord give you the wisdom you need in what approach to take with your son.

Just wanting to let you know, i've read your post.

Keeping you in prayer

Misty
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I will pray for your son and I pray for wisdom in how to affectively deal with him. He needs tough love right now and that can be a real balancing act. I pray for peace for you now and for the hurt that you feel in your heart. You need to release Him to the Lord and trust in His direction. I know that is easier said than done. In the mean time take care of you.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am so overwhelemed from the responses

May God Bless you all , I thank you soo much , from the bottom of my heart. Just having a place to come to for pray really helps you get more courage and strength

I knew coming here would help, if just to give me more strength to deal with him. Pray is such a strong part in healing

God Bless you

hugs

kgangel
  8. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

Are things getting any better with your son? i hope so.
    you are a good mom that loves her son and somehow he will see it. kids rebel at times...but i hope your son wakes up soon and sees the love you have for him...

sons are God's blessings...
    when they are little...they are like little boyfriends to their moms...
    teenage boys are not easy...Lord Jesus..
    help him to find his way and make life easier on his mom.
    my son is starting to get closer to me Lord and i am thankful...
    It isn't easy seeing them go out in this most difficult world..Please help KGangel to have the strength to fight these battles...in the Lord Jesus Name...Amen!
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

in dealing with your son. Praying your son that he figures out what is important in life.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I read this and want you to know that I can understand your heartache. I have been there. I will be praying for you.

I must apologize for not being here for you all more, but I am facing so much now. I do call out to God for you all! I truly appreciate you.

Love....Mari
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and hope he finds his way,Linda
  12. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I will never be able to thank you enough for your prayers and kindness concerning my son.

I talked with him last night and he has decided to move out, he says he can not live by our rules and has to be with his girlfriend more then we would allow. He is almost 21 and is an adult, so I guess he has the right to move out and try to get on with his life. I was hoping for better then this for him, but with continued prayers hopefully he will do ok

I recieved the following message in my email this morning, it felt like it was what I needed to know what I did was right in asking him to move out:

Here it is:

September 13, 2006
    Observing Evolution
    Allowing Others To Walk Their Paths

Watching a loved one or a peer traverse a path littered with stumbling blocks can be immensely painful. We instinctively want to guide them toward a safer track and share with them the wisdom we have acquired through experience. Yet all human beings have the right to carve their own paths without being unduly influenced by outside interference. To deny them that right is to deny them enlightenment, as true insight cannot be conveyed in lectures. Rather, each individual must earn independence and illumination by making decisions and reflecting upon the consequences of each choice. In allowing others to walk their paths freely, you honor their right to express their humanity in whatever way they see fit. Though you may not agree with or identify with their choices, understand that each person must learn in their own way and at their own pace.

The events and circumstances that shape our lives are unique because each of us is unique. What touches one person deeply may do nothing more than irritate or confound another. Therefore, each of us is drawn to different paths-the paths that will have the most profound effects on our personal evolution. If you feel compelled to intervene when watching another human being make their way slowly and painfully down a difficult path, try to empathize with their need to grow autonomous and make their own way in the world. Should this person ask for your aid, give it freely. You can even tell them about your path or offer advice in a conscious loving way. Otherwise, give them the space they need to make their own mistakes, to enjoy the fruits of their labors, to revel in their triumphs, and to discover their own truths.

The temptation to direct the paths of others is a creature of many origins. Overactive egos can convince us that ours is the one true path or awaken a craving for control within us. But each person is entitled to seek out their path leading from the darkness into the light. When we celebrate those paths and encourage the people navigating them, we not only enjoy the privilege of watching others grow-we also reinforce our dedication to diversity, independence, and individuality.

God Bless you all

Hugs,

kgangel

13. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

i'm glad to hear things are better. i didn't realize that your son was almost 21. he probably needs his independence.
    my sisters two sons just moved out and rented an apartment together. they are doing very well. my sister wasn't ready for it and it hurt her, but now she is feeling good about it. her sons have always been hard workers since they were in their early teens so i think they do ok.
    Well God Bless You and i will keep you and your son in my prayers.
  14. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My continued prayers for your relationship with your son. I wish I could assure you that things will be easier. Sons have a way of stretching our mothering instincts .
    Mine is here on vacation until Sunday. No big problems, but even at 32 he reverts to being the "child". Mom will pick it up, wash it, cook it.

If your boy is moving out, hopefully there will be emotional growth.

Prayers for you dear, and for all mothers. It is the hardest job there is, the most rewarding, and the most frustrating. And , it doesn't seem to end.

I hope down the road a bit, there will be special moments to bring you back together. Prayers .

Please start a new thread on any updates, as I often do not notice them, thinking that I had replied and kind of mentally checked them off.

Post as often and as much as you need to, and ask. We will join in prayer for you.
  15. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I pray that the path your son is about to embark will have lessons along the way that will direct him to the truth. I hope he finds this truth soon so as to spare him the consequences that come from hard life lessons. I will continue to pray for you also as I know this must be very, very hard for you to watch this. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  16. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless you

Maya, Asa and Band

Your words are so comforting and having people like you in my life is so rewarding

Thank you soo much

hugs

kgangel

PS: I will update when things change, but he has made his mind up I guess, I sure do miss him :(