My son in law was killed in Iraq on...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanann, Apr 3, 2006.

1. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Jan 7, 2006. I have had so much emotional and physical pain since that day. And to hear that folks are at families funerals protesting the war is just AWFUL.

Unless you have lost someone you love you just can never understand.

I live in a good state. When my son in law died he was with 3 other crew members from our state of Alaska. The flags were flown at half mast and the whole state mourned the death of these fine heroes.

The stress of watching my 22 year old daugther with there 14 month old baby is so sad. The emotional pain is sometime worse than the physical pain.

I was very close to this person. He called me mom. I miss him and love him dearly.

I am climbing out of it slowly. Weekends are the worst as he was killed on saturday and we found out on sunday. Most Sundays i just stay home and can hardly get out of bed.
    Its been hard helping with the baby with the pain i have. Besides fibro I have back issues. The bad thing is i dont look sick and i push myself to the limits. Then I am down. Sometimes cant take down time.

Perhaps this was not an appropriate place to share this. I saw the post on the fights over the war and felt moved to share.

This can wind up to another viet nam if we are not careful. Its ok to not agree with the war but for God sake support our kids over there. And support the families that are loosing there loved ones.

Love
    Jean Ann
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh no, my dear Jean, I am so sorry and send my sincere condolences to you, your daughter, and the rest of your family as well as his family.

What a loss. Your daughter has had to experience something so tragic at such a young age, and the poor 14-month-old baby will never grow up knowing his/her father. How sad. My heart just aches for the baby. One thing though, the child will know that his/her father was a hero, so brave--he gave his life on behalf of his country. No greater honor.

We are not permitted to discuss politics on the board; however, I feel your post is not out of line because it affects your stress level and your health.

I will say that you have my support on what you dear son-in-law was doing and have a bundle of prayers for him for the price that he paid. Your family will be in my prayers.

Your daughter and their child were part of a very proud man.

Hugs, prayers, & kisses,
    Janet
  3. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I truly am sorry for the loss of a young man that you clearly felt as close to as if he were your biological son. I cannot imagine your pain and won't pretend that I do. But I want to say I thank your family and I know you must be very proud of his bravery.
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I am so sorry and can honestly say "I Understand" I've been through the same thing. It is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through in my life. It's hard to get closure if you do watch the news b/c it's constantly being brought up. You hurt all over again b/c you know what their family is going through. Depression and fibromyalgia got a lot worse when all of this happened. There is no greater man, than one who lays down his life, not for himself, but for someone else. He was 30 yrs. old and had 4 small children.(was serving in Iraq also) I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Lots of hugs and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2006]
  5. cjpwash

cjpwash New Member

My heart cries for you. I lost my brother in Viet Nam. He was 26, I'm now 57 and it kills me to think of all he missed. Please accept my condolences- your family too-
    It does get easier with time but it never totally goes away (I think most of us wouldn't want it to) Also I believe that the vast majority of the people who oppose the war do not oppose the troops. I wish peace for you and your family.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am so sorry. I am sending my love to all of you. I am proud of our men overseas. The baby will always know that his/her Dad was a hero.

God Bless all of you and love that little one just a tad more.......I know you are and for your daughter also.

Gentle Hugs and Blessings......Susan
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Jean Ann

I will pray very hard for your family. After a year in Iraq flying the Apache (attack) helicopter, my son returned home in the middle of January.

Having family members, children so far away, and in danger is so difficult, listening to the media only made it worse for me. I came to have little respect for the media over this past year.

Michael saw a lot of improvements in the year he was there, the good stories are "out there" but the media deems them not so newsworthy. When he watches tv, he says, that is not the Iraq I know. It's not that these stories they are reported never happened, it is just a very small part of Iraq, and not balanced reporting.

Your son-in-law and his comrades will not be forgotten, nor with the pain and sacrificies of your family.

Please know there is a community of dedicated, patriotic folks who stand with you in prayer....

Love to you and your family, June

8. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

You and your family have my heartfelt sympathy and my gratitude. I also know what you are going through. My nephew was killed in Iraq an Jan 26, 2005. One week before his 25th birthday. Three weeks before he would be home for good.

Trust me, in time, that ache in your heart will ease, and thinking of your son-in-law will bring joy and laughter to you and your family instead of tears.

I agree with you that we must support our troops whether we agree with this war or not. It is because of men like your son-in-law and my nephew and countless others before them that we even live in a free country where we can freely voice our opinions without fear of punishment.

LOIS
  9. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I can't think what to type. I just know that your son in law and my son, that is in Iraq now, were united in the mission to give the Iraqis a free life and to protect us from the war on terror coming here. My family salutes yours...Jana
  10. cozykitten

cozykitten New Member

Oh I felt a real pain in my heart as I read your post. I don't know what to say exept that I will pray for your family and the young man's family. It just breaks my heart. But at the same time, I am so proud of our young men and women who do go and serve. I just pray that the blood shed is over soon and they can return home safely.
    Saying Thank-you for your families sacrifice sounds hollow, but those words are from the very core of my being. The Lord be with you in this time of grief and healing.
    Kay
  11. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You are right we need to honor all the brave men and woman who are there . To protect our freedom .And keep us from harm. God bless your son in law .

Sue

12. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I am scared to death of that war. So many deaths. I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers for you to be able to continue on.

Iraq is such a tragic place for our children and loved ones to be. The young soilders are brave and strong for going there to try and keep us safe here at home.

My youngest son goes over there in September as a brave Marine and I do not know how I am going to be able to function day by day. Guess I just will, life seems to just keep going on no matter what the circumstances.

Sincerely, Teresa
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

...I am so sorry for your familiy's loss. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you daughter and your poor grand-baby-who will never know is daddy....just rips my heart out.

Your son-in-law sounds like a very brave and selfless person (bless his soul) who put the needs of other ahead of his own.

We lost one our own here in my small town in WV it was so sad. Not even a year after that young man was killed in Iraq...his brother was killed in in an automobile accident.

My heart goes out to that family and to yours as well to all families who have suffered this loss.

Take care of you,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2006]
  14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am sincerely sorry for your loss, and the suffering your family must be going through.

I hope you continue to heal, remember the good times and the respect we all have for our soldiers.

I'm sorry, I'm just at a loss for words...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  15. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

... that those not touched by loss of the war don't think about the soldiers we've lost. But we do. Personally, I think about them everyday. I wonder why they don't get more attention, not politically speaking, but as human beings.

I feel terrible for you and your daughter. I'm so sorry you lost your son-in-law. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

from Alaska bases that died that day. I am so sorry that one of them was your son-in-law. We used to live in AK and I still have a daughter and son-in-law up there. So it hit home to me (he used to be in the military). I will be praying for you and your family and your loss. Love, Terri
  17. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers. May God bless and keep your daughter in his hands, and Help her overcome this painful time in her life.
    Sincerely,
    Angela
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  19. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I am truely sorry for your loss. I have a son in the Army that is going to Iraq in Aug. My second son is going to the Army is June.

Don't feel bad for your post. It not only helps you to vent, but it helps us see what happens to the physical body going through such a big loss.

I use to think they are wasteing their time over there, until my sons friend(like a son to me) cam home from Iraq. He told me about all the good that they are doing over there. He told us that they had built at least 14 schools over there for the children.

So there is some good coming out of this, that they don'e show on TV. He said the work that they were doing for the innocent was worth risking their lives.

Yes I know that does not help you hearing that. It doesn't help me either. But I have respected their feelings and now keep the worrying to myself. So I pray for all the soldiers be able to complete their misson, but also to be able to come home safley.

I think you did a great job dealing with your loss and trying to put on a happy face under all your pain.

My heart goes out to you and all the families that have lost loved ones trying to complete their missions.

Soft hugs,
    Halo
  20. neen85

neen85 New Member

I can't imagine going through such a sudden and tragic loss and having to help your daughter and infant cope also. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Daneen