My son is deaf in the morning..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Apr 21, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I know I've written about his severe morning brain fog before- it lasts about 1/2 hour, during which time he cannot respond to anyone or anything. He can eat his breakfast, take his pills, and even do a shower and remember none of it. Yesterday I tried to get him to look at me and he couldn't hear me. I was in the same room and he just kept looking for a shirt. His dad looked in on him one morning this week (he was taking a shower) and he repeatedly scrubbed his head and couldn't respond. This brain fog is so frustrating...maybe it's time to go back to the doc and brainstorm.
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Sorry, I was venting a little. But I do get frustrated...I have been thinking of doing an MRI lately, so it's funny you should bring that up. Also a vision exam...I've been reading about PT's from Darude and thought that was a good place to start. Rule it out, hopefully. Thanks for the suggestions. I know he is doing the best he can...he is able to attend classes at college and is passing, so that's a blessing. Take care, Terri
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

does your son take ambien at night for sleep? it makes me forget things that i did in the morning....i think it is still in my system for a while in the morning....maybe this will explain it?
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Just extreme brain fog. I've read pretty bad things about Ambien, and besides, he has NO trouble sleeping...he sleeps 11 or 12 hours a night, like he's in a coma. Can't wake him up. He did a sleep study in March but we won't get the results for another month yet. He does take Cortef and that really helps to keep him going- I notice he's more tired in the day without it. Anyway, we'll keep searching for answers!