My son is having surgery Tuesday

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, May 14, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Please pray for David. He is having shoulder surgery tomorrow. I thought that he had decided against it but wants to get rid of the pain. There is a chance that it won't be successful so I would appreciate prayers that the doctor manages to get all the scar tissue and is able to eliminate his pain.

Thank you.
    Love, Pepper
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Prayers for David, and for your husband getting a job. You have a lot of stress to deal with . How about a couple hugs as well as prayers? ((((Pepper))))
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

Thanks so much. I needed those hugs today. I am worried about David and so frustrated with hubby. He is depressed about not finding a job and it is hard for me to deal with. Hugs are what the doctor ordered!

Love, Pepper
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ll be praying for you and your son David and the Drs that do the surgey,For God to guide them and for a speedy recovery.blessings sixtyslady
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

(Just thought I would give you a laugh - I typed sexylady first! Lol)

I appreciate your prayers. I have been following what is happening with your grandson, Michael, and am praying for him too. My other son is also a Michael and has been a challenge. Finally everything is falling into place for him. I am praying that the same thing happens for your Michael.

Love, Pepper
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

It will be ok. Will be praying
    Cath
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I am sure that it will be okay. Trying very hard not to worry.

Thank you for your prayers.
    Love, Pepper
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am glad I checked this before going to bed. This is the first I saw this. I will pray for a successful surgery for David and that it will take care of his pain.

Has he had this surgery before since you are talking about scar tissue?

I am continuing to pray for Dave that he won't give up and will persevere in the job search. I know you said he had another lead so I am praying for something to happen there.

Hang in there. Think of how beautiful your garden is going to be and hang on to those types of thoughts. When it is dreary and bleak and cold in the winter time and I am dragging my heals from fatigue I think of those kinds of things and they give me something to look forward to and keep me going.

Know that I will be praying.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers for David's surgery and for Dave's job search.

David hasn't had this surgery before. The surgeon didn't explain things to him very well and he has arranged to have a chat with him before going under the knife. The problems with his shoulder are supposedly from his years of being a goalie. He has wrecked his hips and his shoulders doing the butterfly. So I assume the scar tissue came from repeated injuries, but I don't know that for sure.

In two weeks Dave meets with a fellow who can help him get a job if Dave is able to schmooze him. Two weeks from tomorrow. Thanks for praying for that. It is our best hope at the moment.

Love, Judy