My son is so much better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Dec 3, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

He had a bout with the flu two weeks ago but I noticed he was waking up without the usual brain fog we've become so accustomed to. His brain fog was always so severe that he could not talk for half an hour and went through his breakfast and shower zombie-like. Since he had the flu, he now greets me with a "Hi, Mom" and is totally awake, just like he used to before CFS. His energy level is better and he's staying awake longer.....I'm praying this continues! He has finals coming up, so he needs to be clear in his thinking.
    p.s. He has also started using a full spectrum light in the mornings, which may be helping him.[This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

It is always fantastic to hear good news first thing in the morning so thank you for sharing your news.

How happy you must be!! :)

You sound like a great mother and I am sure you worry about your son constantly -- bless you heart I do hope you take a little special time for yourself.

My holiday wish for you and your family is continued improvement for your son's health :)

Please remember to be kind to you,

Karen :)
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

What great news, Alaska! Thanks for letting us know.There is a lot of good research on full spectrum lights. I'm encouraged by his progress as I have recently started using a light myself.

Take Care
    Kathy
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Yes, I am really encouraged.....after two long years, I'm holding my breath, but it seems like a breakthrough! I was giving him a lot of supplements, and I've scaled those back - I don't want to mess him up. Thanks for writing...Terri
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for your well wishes.......will you be leaving Germany for Christmas?