My Son is using Heroin again... & my replys to dear prayer warriors

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lone-wolf, Aug 19, 2003.

1. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

found out last week, he doesn't know I know he is using. He has used on and off through out his twenties, now 31. Thought he had been able to put it down. I don't want to bury my son. His name is Jason. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated, He is so heavy on my heart tonight. Jason has had alot of heart ache in his life. Has nightmares still about things that happened to him in his teen years, wish I could make his pain disappear, I can't but I know God can and that he heals those that are broken in heart..... Jason has known the Lord since a little boy but thinks that God does not really care about him .... the heroin numbs his pain.

thanks for listening, for praying, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
  2. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

Karen,
    I am so sorry about your son. YOur last line that says that heroin numbs the pain is what it's all about isn't it?Addiction destroyed my marriage, but not me and my son. Addiction is such a tragedy and a waste.I am so very very sorry for you. It is so hard to have to stand there and watch this kind of thing happen. You're right. God can heal broken hearts. He does it every day.
    Tiff

Dear God,
    PLease give Karen the strength, peace and comfort that she needs right now. Help her to never give up on YOu or her son since we know that addiction can be a very discouraging thing. We know that You are God and You are the great Healer. We know that You can do all things. Please reach right through the heroin in Jason's life and heal his heart and let him know that You love him as only you can do.
    Tiff
  3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

All you can do is pray for him. Pray that he comes to some understandings, gains strength to go into rehab. Find some purpose and balance in his life.

I was hooked on some drugs also in my early twenties. Didn't matter if those around me suggested this and that. Had to do it on my own and seek help, stop the drugs.

What a wonderful God. Forgives us for past sins. I hope your son comes to that realization one day. I will pray for him.

4. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

I woke up to your replys and as I read them I cried, I was encouraged and touched by them. I miss havng a church family. I am not able to attend church anymore. Really appreciate finding this site and all your support and prayers.

I pray God bless you all... Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  5. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I read your post yesterday but didn't have the chance to reply. Sorry it has taken me so long.
    I know this is very hard on you and is so heartbreaking.
    My brother was an alcoholic and father also and I know how it can make us crazy with fear and worry. Here is a prayer for you,I hope it brings you comfort.It was written by another mother who's child had an addiction. I also will be praying for you and your son.

Father God, I did my best,
    To raise my kids, to pass life's test.
    Forgive me for my lack of hugs.
    Please get my child off of drugs.

Somewhere, somehow, my child has strayed.
    I know there were mistakes I'd made.
    Build me God, please, where I lack.
    Help me get my child back.

Touch us both, to understand
    The sober life that you had planned.
    Save our lives from Satan's grip.
    Get them off their using trip.

Clean them up. Refresh their hearts.
    Help us both accept new starts.
    Bring us close that we might mend.
    Help me be my child's best friend.

Help me understand their needs.
    To fill their lives with thoughtful deeds.
    Let me make a difference, please.
    Help me God with their disease.

Father in the name of Jesus I lift up Karen and her son to you. I pray that you will strengthen this mothers heart and remove all fear from here. Help her Lord to turn her son over into your care. Help her also not to accept any condemnation or guilt from the enemy. I pray for Jason Lord, I pray that you
    will draw him to yourself, send people across his path that can minister to him in such a way that he will listen and receive. Lord, I pray you will raise up a standerd against the enemy that is trying to come in like a flood,and even though Satan is walking around like a lion, seeking those he can destroy, I pray you will silence his roar.Father, I ask that you will move upon Jason and heal the things within his soul that are causing him pain. Help him to forgive those who he feels have failed him, and to forgive himself.
    Help Jason to see how precious he is to you and those around him. In Jesus name. Amen
    Takesha
  6. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Karen,
    I stand in agreement with all the prayers for you and your son.

Lord I pray for Karen and Jason I come against anything that the enemy has intended to use against this family.
    Lord I ask that you give Jason a supernatural revelation Of your love and remind him that every hair on his head is numbered and that you knew him before he was born. Remind him Lord that you have given him purpose in this life and that it is the enemy that comes to steal and destroy. Remind him Lord that it is your intent that he have life and have it abundently Lord these are your promises And I am reminding you now Lord. I am standing in for him now Lord since he is unable because of the enemys lies, cover him in your blood, break the spirit of addiction over him and bring him back into the covering of the blood of Jesus Lord it is you he seeks, remove the blinders and let him see truth in Jesus mighty and powerful name amen

Karen believe that it has been done and praise the Lord for it and watch the miracle of Jesus come to pass!! I will keep you in my prayers.....God Bless
    Barb G
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry. I will be offering up prayers for you and for him.

Love, Mikie
  8. receani

receani New Member

Dear lone-wolf,

I pray that the Almighty God, the Ancient of Days, the King of Kings, will open the eyes of Jasons' understanding so that he will comprehend the love Christ has for him. When a person is in the grips of addiction it is difficult for them to see beyond their own pain. I pray for peace in the midst of Jason's storm and that the Holy Spirit bring conviction to his heart so that he will cry out to the Lord.I pray that the Lord will send laborers across his path that he will listen to. You said Jason has known the Lord since he was a little boy. I pray the Lord stir up his heart to remember His love and draw him back to the scriptures that point ot Jesus' love for him. I pray peace for you also I know this is hard for you but, God is still in control.

In Jesus Name
  9. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

I too pray that satan will lose this stronghold that he has in your son's life right now in the name of Jesus. I pray that God will open Jason's eyes to the truth and that he will no longer be bound and blinded by heroin. Jesus, please reach through this drug haze, and let Jason see YOU.
    PLease let Jason be drawn to you right now, and heal his broken heart. Please comfort Karen during this terrible helpless time. Please let her feel and see you working in her life and Jason's.
    Amen
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We will take heaven by storm for your son Karen, God's knows many of us have been in your situation at one time or the other with our children and this evil world of drugs!

Will pray for Jason untill you let us know he is free of this terrible bondage.

God bless you lady, and keep you strong to help him.

Shalom,Shirl
  11. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

I woke up this morning and 'knew' someone was praying for me, could feel some strength in my spirit. I am encouraged, I know God is going to help Jason. I just can't give up.

Jason is the way God chose to lead me to Him. When Jason was a born he had a club foot and the other turned in. He wore casts for months with no progress. The doctors were going to do surgery on his feet, take them apart and restructure them and then he wouldn't have been able to walk until about 3 years old.

A lady next door to me said she would pray for him. The NEXT time I took him back to the doctor his feet had completely turned down perfect! The doctor was very confused, but I made a bee line that lady to find out what she had that I didn't!

At twenty years old, I met the Lord, was baptized in Jesus Name and filled with his Spirit and my life changed forever.

It was the the miracle of Jason's feet being healed that opened my eyes to the Lord. I have not given up on Jason..... even though this child was my MOST DIFFICULT to raise. He tried my love in every direction, had it not been for God there is no way I could have made it. Jason knows that he tried my love.... wrote me a poem a few years ago and one line said 'that even though he had tried my love in everyway I still stood there with arms open wide.... I love you mom' Well, that ripped the tears straight from my heart and the praises straight to God!

Thank you for your prayers and support, for caring and friendship... it is pretty lonely out here.

I will let you all know what God does for Jason.
    Hugs, Karen
  12. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

My heart breaks for you as a mother. I will pray really hard for your son. The devil is decieving him. I truly believe in his heart since he has known the Lord that he will come back to him at some point especially since there are people praying for him now. I wish i could take your pain and his pain away but i can't, i can offer the power of prayer though. Please keep us posted on Jason. I love you my sister through Christ. Mamafrey
  13. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear about your sons heartbreaking problem. My 12 year old son is named Jason also.

I have a nephew who had a bad meth drug problem. It really bothered and upset us all. He is doing well now, has a good job and a nice girlfriend. He really cleaned up his act.

I`m praying for your son that the same happens. Its hard to break an addiction like this but I knew our Lord can do it.

Thoughts and prayers,
    Sandyz
  14. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I have watched my mother suffer over my brother's drug addiction and alcoholism for my entire adult life. He is now 37 and still in the grips of it, and it has made him mentally ill. Reading these messages made me cry. It is so hard to watch our loved ones do this to themselves. Like Jason, my brother had had to deal with a lot of pain in his life. He was neglected by our father and sexually abused by my mother's best friend. I can only tell you that I believe God can reach and save us no matter where we are or what we've done. Think of the people Jesus touched while He was here on earth - outcasts, prostitutes, the worst of sinners, and those with such severe inner pain they could no longer speak. He loved them and He healed them! So I cannot give up hope. I know He loves your son.

Lord, I pray that you will pursue Jason vigorously and guide the events and people in his life to bring him back to You. I pray, too, that you will comfort his mother and giver her the knowledge that You are more powerful than any addiction. Please give Jason a clear mind to see what he is doing and the opportunity to choose You and choose life.
  15. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

My brother does heroin.
    I will pray for you and your son.
    God bless you both.

Marilyn
  16. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

-every day for Jason - from the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan, and our Lord and Savior WILL hear all these petitions - being sent to Him.
    May God richly Bless you and Jason.
    Marian
  17. lcskaya

lcskaya New Member

Scripture for Jason-PS 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being,you knit me together in my mothers womb.I praise you because I am fearfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body.All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -When Jason accepted the Lord his name was written in the Lambs book of life. Gods word shall not return void .So we have His promise that Jason,as Gods chosen one will come back to Him. We pray that he is being conformed to the likeness of God and the enemy shall not prevail! One thing you can do is annoint Jasons pillow with oil and pray over it. When he sleeps Gods thoughts will enter in and satans control will have to leave. I also pray for your strength and to continue to rely on the mighty word of God,he is our fortress and our strength a very help in trouble
    Caroline
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
  18. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Father in the name of Jesus I lift Jason before your throne, Father, I ask that the hold of addiction be broken by the Powerful Name of Jesus. I pray that Jason will be unbound and set free just as Nazarus was brought back to life, and set free from that which bound him. May his will come into line with your will and with your word. I ask for your mercy and grace go out to him this day. Raise him up Father, to be and example of your glory, that many can hear his testimony and come to know your saving grace and power. In Jesus name. Amen

Hugs to you Karen, I believe God is going to give you the desire of your Heart.
  19. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

for your prayers and support and that your prayers are continueing for Jason and me.

I Know I shouldn't be but I am so weary. Every time I read a posting from one of you I am encouraged that you care. My faith is increased, hope renewed.

God bless you all, my prayers are with you also.

Soft Hugs, Karen

[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]