My son leaves tomorrow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hawkeye, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

My oldest son is in the Marine Corp and he is leaving tomorrow for two years!!! I am so upset tonight I am really having a very hard time. He is my rock and I am his so this is going to be a HUGE void in my life.

I am so trying to stay positive around him though. It will be a very exciting experience for him, he is going to Japan and hopefully will not be deployed to Iraq.

Please say some prayers for him to have a safe trip and for me to get a handle on my grief!

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way. I know this must be a hard time in a parent's life. On the positive side, deployment to Japan does sound exciting and will be a great opportunity for him. I pray for your strength and for your son's safety. Kim :)
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I always liked Hawkeye Pierce from MASH and the character, Hawkeye, from Last of the Mohicans, after which he was named. Since I went to the University of Iowa, I am a Hawkeye too.

Sounds like Japan will be a great experience for your son. I will pray for him to be safe while he is there and for you to deal with his absence just fine.

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and maybe you will get a chance to go visit him there.

my exmil cried when my husband joined the uscg. they came and visited us or we visited him. i know your son will be away for a lengthy time. just write some letters and send those care packages to him.

my best regards to your family

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Prayers for you and your son. You for strength and grace in his absence and for him for protection and strength being far away from home.

We sure do love those guys.

Why don't you post this on the Worship board as well? There are some mighty powerful prayer partners there.

6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You and your family have my prayers. I am sure that you are so very proud of him. I know that you will miss him terrible.

As said before write letters, send care packages. Hopefully you will even be able to talk to him from time to time.

God bless; Pam
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm from Iowa originally too....near Iowa City. I'll pray for your son and for you and your family- take care.
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Many gentle hugs to you, along with prayers for you all.

I cannot imagine not seeing my child for 2 years! Especially with them living that far away. My cousin went 18 months w/o seeing her son. He has been in Iraq and Germany. I remember how difficult it was for her. She did adjust, just as you will.

Cry all you need. This is a loss and you are going to grieve. You know you will find love and support from many on this board!

Gentle Hugs again, Karen...