My son needs your prayers please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Feb 28, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

My 30 yr old son has been very sick with pneumonia for a few weeks. The ABX don't seem to have helped much. He is panicking because he is scheduled to play hockey for Canada in Europe in less than 3 weeks. This is an opportunity of a lifetime and it would be so sad if he missed it. He is the goalie so he would be letting down the entire team if he is unable to go.

Would you please say a prayer that this pneumonia or whatever it is goes away soon?

And of course there is always the added worry of my kids coming down with CFS and/or FM. My CFS/FM started with mono and I worry every time my boys get sick that the illness will lead to this nightmare.

I would appreciate all prayers.
    Thank you.
    Love, Pepper
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

Father, we know that you are with us always and we ask that you heal Pepper's son from pneumonia. Father I ask that you guide and protect him. Open his eyes and heart to your guidance if you are trying to keep him from going to Europe for some reason he would not understand now. If your will is for him to go we ask that he is healthy, plays well and stays safe. I pray for your hedge of protective angels to go with him and guard him from danger. In Jesus name amen.

3. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you so much for your beautiful prayer. It had never even crossed my mind that there might be a reason for him not going! It may not be in God's plan.

Thank you for helping set my mind at rest. I will use your words when I am trying to comfort my son.

Love, Pepper
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have a few quick moments. There is an assembly going on and I am working in my room. I am sorry you have been having such a hard time.

Sometimes our body's need rest so much that things just shut down forcing rest of body and mind. It sounds like this is what is happening to you.

I am so sorry about your son David. I am in just a really overload time of year. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though. I have teacher institues this afternoon and tomorrow. I have one of my biggest concerts of the year on Tuesday and parent teacher conference after that. I have been madly working on report cards the last couple of days and finished those. It has been such a struggle for me.

I am still waiting on the insurance. My student just popped his head in so the assembly is over. Got to run.

I have prayed for David this morning and will continue to do that. Praying for you and family still. Bye for now.

Love,
    nancy
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Pepper

so sorry to hear about your son

He will be in my prayers

God Bless you

kgangel
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Desertsage, Nancy and kgangel. I appreciate your prayers so much. David is so sick right now that the only thing that will help him is prayer.

Thank you all.
    Love, Pepper
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Dear one.
    I"m praying for your son,be strong and know that by his stripes we are healed,
    I believe in keeping the faith it has worked many times for me,even when I had to keep reminding myself to believe,may God give you and your son the strenght to fight the good fight of faith, love and prayers. sixtyslady
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Just standing in agreement with all the others who have prayed for your son.

In Jesus,
    AMen
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Sixtyslady and morningsonshine. I appreciate your prayers.

Love, Pepper
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I spoke to him this evening and he is WORSE! He is so stressed out because he leaves on the 13th. The stress is certainly not helping him to heal. Please pray that he learns to calm down and heals from this illness.

I told him that you were all praying for him so he figures there is hope.

Thank you all.
    Love, Pepper
  11. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Heavenly Father, this young man is in a time frame, he needs to get well right now. Please aide him, heal him, and make him strong the way he needs to be. He is a person with direction, please help him achieve all his goals. (both health wise and score wise)
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

for your lovely prayer.

Love, Pepper
  13. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so sorry to hear that David is worse. It will take a true miracle if it is meant to be for him to participate in the game.

I have had pneumonia only once before and I was sicker than a dog for two weeks and it took a while to regain my strength.

I will continue to pray for him. How are you doing. I am still lifting you up every day. I hope some of your strength is returning gradually. Has is hubby doing?

I am still waiting on my insurance if you can believe that. I got an email from them on Friday that said they had reviewed my claims and would be sending me a letter of determination in the mail. I have had one IV two weeks ago paid by my miracle man from church and I have the second one scheudled for mid March. It has really been a tough time for me.

I have a really big concert on Tuesday, parent teacher conferences on Thursday and Friday and then my six week onslaught will be over. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and it is a nicer place to be for sure.

I did that mega test the weekend before last and will get the results of that whenever I can schedule a dr apt. It will take two visits to cover the 17 page report. I am excited about the possibilities of all of this.

Take care and know I am praying.

Love,
    Nancy
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

No one has suggested that but I am going to call him and suggest it right now.

Love, Pepper
  15. pepper

pepper New Member

It will definitely take a miracle to get David well before the 13th. But God can do anything.

I have hit another wall. I am very weak and in a lot of pain. Perhaps it is from the stress of worrying about David. Or I am just not recovered yet from all the illnesses and deaths.

My DH is feeling much better. He felt the weight of Cam's illness and death lift off his shoulders one sunny day last week. Now he says it is time to get back to life. Thank goodness for that.

I am praying for a positive outcome with your insurance company. They sure can take their time when they want to. Thank God for your miracle man.

I will pray that you have the strength to get through this marathon week. But at least it is your last really challenging week for awhile.

I didn't realize that you had already had your mega test done. That should be very interesting.

Thank you so much for praying.
    Love, Judy