My son quit his job

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Sep 9, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

He was working at a local fast food place and he gave notice this week- but that's a good thing. He realized he wanted to do well in college and knew that he could not work AND do well. They have been pretty understanding with him and have not made him work early mornings or late at night. He has saved up quite a bit toward a laptop, which was his goal. I think we'll be able to help him with the rest of the money needed to get it. His health has slowly improved over the last year...in fact, he didn't miss any school since Jan. or any of his work this summer! I'd say he's doing pretty well! It did help that his manager at work said he also had chronic fatigue- amazing coincidence! Or maybe just a God-thing...
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, it does sound he is improving. Hope he continues to do so.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Rockgor. Are you still tuning in to the TV static? Hope it's still helping. I couldn't get my son to do it more than twice- I guess he thought it was crazy. Who knows how the mind will work?
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, Ma'am.

Only I've forgotten to do it the last couple days.

It is amazing to me the way my brain works now. Or I guess I should say the was it doesn't work. I forget things as soon as I think of them.

"Oh, I need to get a towel." Then I immediately step into the tub w/o one. Land O Goshan!

I also started the face tapping, but I only did it a couple days and then I forgot that too. I'm going to try again.
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm more convinced than ever since last night that he made the right decision. He is always supposed to get off no later than 10 p.m., because they know of his fatigue. But last night, they got busy and he didn't get home until 11:00! I was a nervous wreck, because he is not crazy about night driving and I pictured him off the road somewhere. He only has one more week to work and it will be fewer hours than this week was. I'm glad.
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

well your son has made a very mature decision about his health and his education, good for him.

I hope he has a good year back at college.

love
    Rosie