My son was in a horrible car accident

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jul 18, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

That was the most horrible few minutes of my life. He called me and told me to get down the street because he just got in a wreck. It was really bad. Police and rescue vehicles everywhere and he was so lucky. He didn't even get a cut, but the car was totalled. He has some internal bruising along with his girlfriend and all because he was driving to fast. He won't be driving for a while and won't be touching my cars anymore. I had just gotten him a used car and he wrecked it in 11 days. He has had his license and been driving mine tough for over a year. Wow. What a mess. The whole front end was smashed, a telephone pole had moved a few inches, really!!!, the backend was smashed, he smashed up a heavy-duty Cadillac and that poor guy was taken away on a backboard. I am sitting here at almost 3 in the morning and have taken some lorazepam and still can't sleep. I have never been so scared. I didn't know how seriously he was hurt. I know the Lord was watching over them all because it looked like a major accident where people can be seriously injured or worse. I will be saying my prayers and thanking God my son is still here with me. I have cried my eyes out because it shook me up so bad. These kids just think they are invincible. My son knows better to than be speeding like that. He would have been able to stop if he wasn't driving like a maniac.

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have got to try to sleep. I'm usually in bed by 12 or 1, sometimes sooner. I'm just really upset and I don't handle things well anymore. That's why I need the nerve pills to sleep at night. I was hyperventilating all the way down the street to the wreck. I am so thankful it wasn't worse!!!! I know there are people out there who have it a lot worse than me too!!! God was merciful to me today.

GBHope
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

And sorry this accident happened. Hopefully a big wake-up call about future safe driving. Take care.
  4. jole

jole Member

The Lord is indeed good! Having been in your shoes (the other guy ran a stop sign and hit my daughter) I know from a mother's viewpoint the relief you have to be feeling.

Of course they don't think anything will happen - we didn't either at their age, and our parents felt just like us. It's a vicous cycle. Just so thankful that he is okay, and hope the others involved are to.

Please take care - there will be more ahead to face yet.

Friends - Jole
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so sorry that this has happened. I am grateful that his guardian angel was with him.

I will say a prayer for you for both thanks and for guidance.
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

GB, thank God he's OK.

I got a similar call but it wasn't from my son, it was from a CHIPS unit in California. One closed head injury, one broken neck, one broken collar bone, a torn ear and a four-day coma later he began a painfully slow recovery. Still, his doctor was amazed that he wasn't a parapalegic. He still has problems with his neck, associated glands in his neck, a short-term memory loss as well as pain. The rehab took a very long time and was also painful.

I tell you this to tell your son. Not everyone is as lucky as he was. I hope he takes it as a warning.

Marta
  7. that is the worse phone call, been there, done that. I am so glad they were basically okay though. Thank God.
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Thank God he was not injured seriously!! You were also traumatised by it....that is for sure.
    I went through similar.... back in 1997. My two sons were in bad roll over wreck. They both were spared, but one son was injured, but not seriously....Thank God!! I will never forget the fear and anxiety. It takes awhile to overcome it. I pray for you my dear.

Love....Mari
  9. GBHope

GBHope New Member

It will take me a while to get over the shock of everything.

GBHope
  10. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

My 22 year old is on his 5th automobile from not paying attention and speeding (3 tickets and driving school). I know how you feel. They do know better but like you said they think they're invincible. I work with 2 ladies that lost a son and a daughter between them from car accidents (teenagers)...and my son wonders why I worry!! All you can do is pray for God to watch over them. My prayers are with you.
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I hope the next time he is able to drive, he is a little more careful.

GBHope
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray that everyone will be OK. Please take good care of yourself and try to de-stress, if possible.

Love, Mikie
  13. BethM

BethM New Member

Hugs and prayers, GBHope. I hope your son learns some 'invincibility' from this accident! He could get his licensed suspended, maybe.

Be good to yourself, ok?

hugs,
    Beth.
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

Prayers for you and your family! Mom's always get to do the worrying part!!.................Just an idea~~~ Maybe have a patrol officer speak to your son about the dangers and consequenses of traffic violations and speeding!..........................................just an idea one of my girls had to have a talk like this and it was 100% effective!.................................................Love and God Bless you! sisland
  15. GBHope

GBHope New Member

he will definitely not be spared the reality of the situation. I love him and thank God he was spared, but he needs to realize the reality of the situation.

GBHope
  16. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My son has had three tickets this year. It's like he doesn't even think about the fact that an 18 year old bad driver put me where I am today. I'm hoping this was a wake up call for your son.
  17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

blessed are you and your Son, in One.

love,
    NyroFan
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so glad that your son and his girlfriend are OK. I certainly hope all others involved in the accident are OK, too.

I know exactly how you were feeling. A couple years ago, my daughter called us from the ER while we were at my DH's work Christmas party ... a drunk driver had hit her head-on on a 4-lane highway, causing her car to spin around and hit another car head-on. Quite a few cars were involved.

She was extremely lucky, too. She had many broken ribs, some cuts, bruises, etc. Her car ("our" car) was totalled.

I am so grateful that she had a guardian angel watching over her that night, as well as someone else above!

Hugs,
    Janet