my son's football team got selected to go to state championship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 69mach1, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

as some of you may know my son plays for novato high school in marin county , california...

he was the #1 nose guard for his team, as a senior, then injured his knee during a game...he needs surgery on 12/26/07.

he made it for the first 3 1/2 games, until he was hit w/an illegal cheap shot that tore his mcl, meniscus and acl...

we are happy the youngsters stood up for the task of taking his spot...the defensive coach was hard on the pups...he wanted to make sure cody did not go out in vain.

now i need to make a decision on whether to go or not down to l.a.,

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Good News for the Home Team! I Hope you and Cody get to go!,,,,,That would be a fun thing to do with him and he would always remember it as he grows older,,,,,S
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

If money isn't an issue that is holding you back---I'd go.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just talked to cody tonight...he said mom don't even go...he doesn't want to himself, cause it is only going to depress him cause he can not play at all and will be standing there the whole time...because of his knee surgery coming up....he said, "it is not like anyone will be coming up doing any interviews on him because he is not playing."

What's a mom to do...

also, just received email from team mom of nhs...they are flying all of the players and providing lodging, cif bowl i guess is paying for it...i do not know if that includes meals or not...none of the children are allowed to leave w/their parents at anytime during their stay at all....

we have a mandatory parent meeting at 5 pm. on tuesday to meet w/coach brackett. he will answer any of our questions at that time.

I guess i won't go to the game...if he were playing i would spend the extra moola...

his dad just dropped him off and i asked he sent out a child support check yet? he said, "yes." i said how much? he said, "300 dollars." i was don't have any idea how much he really owes me a all the arreages...

then he had the odasity(sp)? to ask me what i am doing...I said something you never do...trying to find out how our son is getting to the cif bowl and how i have to pay....he sat there silent for a moment then said,"well call me when you know what is going on." i said why? then he left and said goodbye..

sorry i am venting but i get sick of his lack of financial support...and then tell how broke he is and he is collecting
    child support for himself/and or his gf and her kids...

thank you for your responses everyone...

5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I hope all goes well. You are a good Mom. I enjoy you being on this board.

Keep us updated.....Blessings.........Susan
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I think you need to go and support the team, I thought Cody was going to video or take pics and such. I do understand how he feels but he is too young now to understand about giving of yourself for the good of the team.

I think the team would feel great that after all he has been threw to show up to support them. Don't you want to be there WHEN they win??

It would make him feel worse if they did win and he wasn't there, he has been there for every game, so why miss this one. Go to the meeting and see what the coach says. JMHO-Carla
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have a cold right now...who knows when it w/go away...we can not spend time away from the team w/the kids at all....thye must stay in a group. not sure about even being allowed on the same floor as their teams are on....

right now if i do go i may have to drive and kill my back...i have done that in may...

it is cheaper or was when i looked up on the internet to fly/hotel room...but i know things change....

then i don't know if there w/be a shuttle to home depot car rental...or taxi.. i don't know where all of the other parents are staying at this time either...

if i were in college this sememester i would have my finals on monday and wednesday next i would most likely blow them off..

well still have not made my final decision...i don't want to be the outcast on the team as one bothered to call me about where the team was meeting to get the anouncement...of we're going to state...

8. ckball

ckball New Member

Do you think that there was a bigger plan in place since now you have the time to go without sacrificing your school.

If you would have stayed in school this last semister you would not have had this time to take care of you and Cody and be supportive to the team and the family that lost their dad.

Sometimes we just have do things and not question it, he will never have this chance again to experience this with his team and freinds.

You may car pool or maybe a shuttle bus, it will work out- have faith-Carla
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

from the team...her hb is the one that died last she said jodie you are going...

so i went to her house and put it on my credit card...i will pay it off next month...i hate having bills to pay...

cody doesn't know i am going yet..but i am leaving friday morning from sfo at 9:30 am..and arrived at lax around 11:30 am...

coming back on sunday don't remember what time yet...

well talk to you soon...