My SSDI Hearing yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ETN, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ETN

ETN New Member

Well I had my hearing yesterday. It lasted about 30 minutes.
    The only thing the judge asked me was that "he couldn't believe that I was on all the medication that was listed" LOL I said yes sir I am. I said actually that list has been shortned and that prior to that list I was on more medication.

My question is for those of you that have been through a hearing did you have a Vocational Expert there?
    I did not and my atty thought that was VERY odd. She just said that if I get denied that it is grounds for a good appeal.

Just wanted some input.
    Did the judge ask any of you questions? My lawyer just questioned me and the only thing the judge asked was about my meds.
    thanks
  2. ephemera

ephemera New Member

bumping for SSDI approval
  3. llama

llama New Member

Hi etn,

First off, good luck winning your disability claim!

I hope this isn't too intrusive but could you list what meds you are on...or at least give the number of Prescribed meds.

Are you also on a lot of supplements/vitamins/OTC drugs?

Sorry to ask this, but I should be having my ALJ hearing in about 6 months???......so I'm just trying to pick up as many possibly helpful tips as possible. I'm sure you can relate?!

Thank you for any help you can provide....Jill...........
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

There wasn't a VE either. Just the judge, court clerk, an SSA appointed Dr, my attorney and me.

My hearing was in Los Angeles a few years ago.

Sincerely
    JL
  5. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

Hi ET--my thoughts are--if there was no VE there, perhaps the ALJ had already determined that you could not work because of your medications. Did they tell you on your hearing notice that a VE WOULD be there?<P>It seems to me that if you were going to be denied, they would have LEGALLY had to question you alot more and get your testimony, other than just that answer. I am also hoping that a 30 min. hearing is a good thing cuz that's what mine was, also, and the SUSPENSE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!<P>Please post when you hear from them, but i think it sounds favorable. Good Luck--L
  6. ETN

ETN New Member

Well lets see it might take me a minute to remember all my meds! LOL here goes

Effexor XR 75mg 1 twice a day
    MS Contin 100mg 1 twice a day
    Norco 10/325mg I usually take about 3 total a day
    Soma 350mg 1 4 times a day
    Xanax 025mg 1 about 3 times a day
    Valtrex 1000mg 1 twice a day
    Ursodiol 300mg 2 three times a day
    Zithromax 250 mg 1 M, W, F
    Zelnorm 6 mg 1 twice a day
    Levsin 0.125mg 1 tab as needed
    Colace 250 mg 2 twice a day
    Senna as needed I take it daily tho
    Zantac OTC I was on Nexium tho and I don't have to use that now
    B12 injections 1 take 3mls M, W, F
    Singulair 10mg 1 tab at bedtime
    Albuterol Inh
    Norethindrone 5 mg 1 tablet daily (Endometriosis)
    Omega Fish Oils
    Vitamin D 3 I am on 4000 IU right now, then I take that for a week then titrate up to 6000, then 8000, then max out at 10,000 IU and stay on that dose.
    Miralax 0.125 mg 1 tablet at bedtime
    Melatonin 3 mg 3 at bedtime
    5-HTP 1-2 at bedtime

I am not at home and that's all I can remember off the top of my head!

oh ya I take Curcumin, Boron and hmm
    well as you can see it's a long list! LOL