My Terrible Doctors Appointment, What Now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 12, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Since Christmas I just can't get me up and going. Thought it was all the hustle and bustle over Christmas, not that I did that much, but a little is much to me.

I can't describe how I feel, of course the fatigue , bone, body aches, but its like an infection all over my body. The flu and sinus without the cold symptoms.

The lyme question keeps coming to my mind so I did order a kit from Igenex but can't find a doctor that is willing to work with me.

Well, by Saturday I thought I have got to get to a doctor to make sure nothing else is going on . So I see a doctor that I have seen before. Since this was on a Saturday all I wanted to know is do I have a sinus infection or what is making me feel so much worse.

To make a long story short. The Doc sent me to the hospital for sinus x-rays which were clear, she did order the standard blood work, haven 't heard form that. She said my blood sugar was slightly elevated, and of course my blood pressure which is always at the docs at home its ok.

I ask her if this could be food allergies, mcs, cfs or what. She said I don't know I want you to see a rheumy even though I haven't had any sucess with rheumys I said ok . Waiting for them to call about my labs and the appointment with the rheumy. Then she said I don't believe in CFS or FM.. There is something that causes these symptoms , have you thought about and antidepressant.. I came home in tears, once again no answers.

Now what to do?? What kind of doc to see and what questions to ask as my symptoms vary form day to day. Oh, she did send me home with a Rx for b/p meds.

Honestly, its like I will be ok, that is for me, then all of a sudden something attacks my body and puts me to bed in a semi-coma state , well that is what it seems like.. The congestion in my head etc. of course the anxiety.

One thing I have found that helps is a decongestion which she told me not to use.

Guess, I am just venting and know this doesn't make any sence . If you have read this Thanks.

God Bless,
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Don't listen to her. If the decon helps you, take that. And you can try steaming your sinuses with just boiling water, salt and garlic.

I HATE it when they offer you an antidepressant when you are clearly ILL physically.

At this point, you are better off going to a healthfood store and getting natural things to try to help.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Greatgran - I think I've posted to you about this before. I had been getting sick for 7 years (this was back in the early 1990's) with no help from regular docs, they never could find anything wrong, but I was sick.

I finally stumbled upon a chiropractor who did muscle testing and he immediately found some digestive issues which were scrweing up my whole body. If you don't digest food or supplements properly, it affects everything. In the following years he helped me several times with other issues. I swear, I would be so much worse off if I hadn't found him. I know you posted awhile ago about driving a very long distance to see someone who did something similar, and I don't know if you ever did that. I'd suggest you ask at your local health food store or google Standard Process, get their customer service number, and they'll give you numbers of practitioners in your area who buy their products. These people are generally ones who do muscle testing. I've seen around 4 people who do the MT, and only had a bad experience iwth one who didn't know what he was doing and didn't help.

That's what I would do if I were you. Or see a naturopath. The regular docs aren't helping you so I would try an alternate route.

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I feel your pain, GG. I don't bother going to the doctor now for anything that I consider to be CFS related. I have learned over the years that it is a complete waste of time.

When your doc mentioned antidepressants, you should have pointed out to her that only lazy doctors use that excuse when they can't be bothered to do the real work of doctoring, and that doctors don't have the right to pick and choose what illnesses they are going to believe in.

Unfortunately, we aren't going to get answers until researchers can figure out this puzzle called CFS.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

that Dr wouldnt even sign off for you to get bloodwork done with your igenex test kit?
    i mean, its no skin off thier Butts, your medicare is paying for it!! they need to at least do that for you, your in Prime area for Lyme. call around for a gp that ill at least see you to sign for your lyme test, that at least might give you some answers.

I'm so sorry your having such a rough time, it's 10 times harder when you don't have an understanding Dr.and they are few and far apart!

If theres anything i can do, just e-mail me ok?
    {{HUgs}} Kat
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I found the best doctor through a referral from my hospital's FM support group. I wonder if you have one local to you that might have a suggestion for a doctor.

It makes dealing with everything so much harder when you have to work to convince your doctor!

Take CAre!