my test results are in

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had my sigmoid scope...dr said everything looked good as far as the bowels...but the muscle is not good, the muscles that hold your poo in when you need to go...

sorry i need to say it...so i have to eat more fiber and drink more water especailly in the morning...he thinks i can train my poo to go every morning when i wake up...that would be a first for me....

good news now cancer or plops...

jodie
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

That is wonderful, awesome news!
    So happy for ya.... love, Karen
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I had a colonoscopy this last fall, I hated the prep, and all of that laxative. The liquid diet wasn't that great either. They found two polyps, I woke up during the procedure was very uncomfortable. So, I tried to concentrate on the t.v., and watched him lasso a polyp, and removed it with one quick motion. My colon was pink and very, very clean, but after what I had been through it should have been..............
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm happy all turned out well. I do my water drinking at night, but I don't have any problems with constipation or anything like that.

At least you had the courage to go through with something like that. I don't because of the prep and I have diabetes and take insulin. Don't think I could make it on a liquid diet for 3 days as I have lactose intolerance.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Glad all turned out ok. Did you have constipation? I have that problem due to meds - I just do the best I can. I had the full colonscopy last year - actually the prep is not that bad.

They now have a pill you can take, so Faye who posted, please ask your doctor about the "pill" to do a prep.

Colon cancer is so preventable if you catch polyps early, they just remove them.

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am 41 years. and i have both constipaton and diareahha...
    when i take cetain meds constipate me...i my i thinkitis my sphinter muscle it is not like it should be...muscle needs to be a lot tighter...and back problems can cause that...my prmary wants to rule out the other things now i need to do a follow up w/the back for the thoracic area mri...

so i have been losing control of my stool at times...embarassing....

and for the one that said they are diabetic...you only really need to do a 2 enema prep, one every hour, starting 2 hours before the appt..and no food or water until after the appt..that last about 1o minutes for the acutual procedure....
    you could keep something in your purse for afterwards...

but i was cramping quite badly because they force air in your rectum, and squirt some h20 up there to make the scope slide easier....

thank you for everyones response to this.. i just wanted to let everyone no i am ok...next step mri for the thoaracici area...

jodie