My Therapist Said I Should Get Back to this Site......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayebee, Jun 27, 2006.

1. kayebee

kayebee New Member

I use to post quite often then I just stopped. My therapist told me yesterday that I needed more support than family. Others that KNOW what I am going through!!!

I have really been having a hard time lately with my mind and works. I can't think of simple things like spoon, tree, etc. Most of the time when I try to explain something it makes no sense to the other person!!!! And when I start talking it comes out all jumbled up. This is getting me sooooo frustrated, and it also gets me depressed, because it seems to be getting worse!! I have had an mri of brain and it was ok except for the rocks they found (ha-ha). Does anyone else have this problem. Oh and by the way it took me 10 minutes to type this little bit of info, that is so sad to me.

Depressed and need support.....
    KAYEBEE
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

So glad you're back! Your therapist is right to have you come back here. But I looked in your bio and found nothing...could you at least let us know what is wrong with you? It would help in our responses.

My son has CFIDS, and I know he gets frustrated and depressed at times. His social life revolves around us- if he goes anywhere lately, his allergies really get him down. We're hoping for some rain to settle the pollen down! But he tries to maintain a cheerful disposition (bless his heart!) and does enjoy his little brothers (they are 11 yr. old twins).

Well, take care of yourself and have a good day! Terri
  3. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

And yes this is the best place for you to be,because we all know where you are coming from.
    When the fibro-fog sets in it is the pits even trying to explain something really easy can become a total game of shrades.You are not alone.
    Hugs,
    Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Lets just all say it Fibro Fog sucks and the only place that anyone knows what you mean is right here. Your therapist was right. I now stick to driving to only places I know and I never drive at night cause I get lost too often and worse I end up on the wrong side of the road and don't even relieze it till I see headlights coming at me.

Talking to people is another thing. It's bad when I try to avoid talking to new people. Most of the people that I do talk to know how I talk now and how I use my hands when I talk that they can figure out usually what I'm trying to say. The last dumb thing I said was that I was waiting for the bathtub to drown before I cleaned it. lol. What I meant to say was drain but somehow drown sounded better I guess. lol

Best advice is come here often even if you don't post. I get my insperation from just reading some of the post. Just knowing you are not the only one going through this is the best support I have ever found......Suef
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just being able to come here and express how we feel is therapy in itself. Plus knowing we ghave friends here-priceless.

Love Anne C - I am sorry about the mind thing, could it be med related?
  6. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I think it helps to maintain my mental function, though. Your post came out very well. Keep them coming.

It doesn't seem to do much for my spelling, even with spell check.[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]