My Trip To Savannah

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VeniceQueen, Nov 2, 2007.

1. VeniceQueen

VeniceQueen New Member

I went to Savannah for a week for our anniversary and it was great! I tried to find a place to go that didnt require too much walking.

Our hotel-Old Harbor Inn, was off the river and shops galore below. We visited the different parks and just sat on the benches. The trees are incredible. We took may drives thorough the neighborhood-some of the houses were so beautiful.

We went to Tybee island everyday (20 min drive from Savannah) and sat on the beach and played in the sand-it felt sooooo good. No pressure, no worring about fatigue. We didn's plan anything, so no expectations for me. Got up every morning and did whatever I wanted -my husband was very accomodating which helped a lot. He was just happy to be there.

Ate a lot of food! Think I gained a few lbs. So many places to eat, or just sit have have a cup of coffee, tea, what ever u like.

I would definitely recommend going there. I was suprised to see that so many homes are left to deteriorate. The city inspector is starting to clean up those areas, but trying to keep the integrity and historical value of Savannah.

Had so much fun! I will go back.

2. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Did you eat at The Lady & Sons Restaurant? I want to go there and eat at that rest. I love Paula Deen's cooking style and have one of her recipe books and her recipes are easy and taste really good! I always said If I could go to Savannah, I would eat at her restaurant!!!!

Glad you had such a nice and restful vacation!

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I looooooove Savannah. I stay at the end of the main drag at the Holiday Inn. It's a cut above the usual HI's. It used to be a blacksmith shop and then it was a Coca Cola bottling plant. Now, it's a very nice hotel.

Just to sit by the river and watch the world go by is a healing experience. I visited a lot of the squares and antebellum mansions and took tons of pics. I can't resist pralines so I can't go too often. It's just 4 hrs. from Atlanta, where my kids live, and when I drive up, I often try to get to Savannah.

I love Charleston too but Savannah is smaller and not so crowded. I guess both are beautiful at Christmas. St. Augustine in FL is beautiful at Christmas too. All three cities are pretty close together and make for a nice trip.

Love, Mikie
  4. VeniceQueen

VeniceQueen New Member

Unfortunately, we didn't eat at Lady & Sons. We went there for lunch and the line was so long, and it was about 87 degrees so I didn't want to wait. I was planning on eating at her restaurant, not dissapointed that I didnt, I will go back to next time i will make it there.

The pralines were so good!!! All the candy was too good to resist. I took a lot of pic's too. We also drove up to Hilton head, took about 40 minutes. The drive was nice.

I am going to print out some of the picutes I took and frame them. Next time we go I think we will veture out for some more drives. Its nice that you can drive to so many great places around Savannah.