My update.. still in flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Feb 5, 2007.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Well, here’s my update. Went to the doctor 2 weeks ago. Told him about the flare I was in and he agreed. We decided to up my Trazadone to 100mg a night which is working pretty well but now my body wants to sleep 10+ hours which never happens. He also told me my limits on how many Vicoden I can take a day as well as my Tramadal.

I put in close to 70 hours last week and I’m beat. I’m sleeping much better but have NO ENERGY at all. I feel like a zombie all day at work.

I’ve also started using Lidocane patches. They seem to help lower the pain level some when I use them on the most painful areas of the day. However, the next day I notice worse pain in other areas!!! I guess it’s the fact that the other pain was taking the front seat.

Oh well, I guess things could be worse.. I’m just depressed as this had been the longest flare I’ve ever been in. I’ve also started to notice that things have gotten worse for me over the course of the last year. I’m only 28 and I’m feeling like 82 and totally having to slow down so much I’m getting nothing done at home. I don’t have the energy to play with my son and my second (and last) child is due in June… I don’t know how I’m going to do it…
  2. lookingoutthewindow

lookingoutthewindow New Member

I feel your pain. I also am in a long flare. I am 44 and am experiencing the worst case of adult acne and sleeplessness. I know how it is with children. I am expecting my first grand child soon and she will be living with me. I wish I had the energy to be excited. I wonder how I am going to do it. I know everything will work for us. Keep sharing you will help me and yourself.
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I don't get here much anymore and don't recognize many names but was glad to stumble on this update from you. I too use the lidocaine patches on my shoulder and back. They don't work miracles but seem to help a little.

Ya know Chris, after working 70 hours in a week you SHOULD be tired! Normals would be wiped out with that schedule. I think you need to be a little easier on yourself, that's almost two weeks of work crammed into one! No wonder your flare won't end.... you're plain old exhausted.

Didn't know you were going to be a daddy again, so congrats on that! Do you know what you're having yet? I've got two grandbabies due in August and I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you know somebody does care!

Hugz,
    Tona
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I know I pushed myself way over the limit. It's not a constant with my job but it does happen a few times a year. Especially with my 2nd child due in June(find out the sex on Friday) I need the money. I'm taking it easy now and resting as soon as I get home from work. I'm just Very tired.

BTW.. I broke 2 toes on my left foot this morning because I was rushing since I overslept! It's been a bad 2 weeks I guess! Gotta get better from here.
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I certainly feel for you on your pain. I work full time too.I can handle 40 hours not well, but it is what it is.

I have taken lidoderm patches for I have a bum left arm which is my primary arm. From the shoulder down no reflex at all. I too have fibro & I too am fairly young. I turned 34 this past Monday.

Norco is kind of a weak drug for your pain. I was on Norco prescribed by my family doc when I hurt my shoulder.

Have you discussed with your doctor all the problems you are having? I am going to try to keep a pain journal. My new pain doc is very gong ho about getting me as pain free as possible. He changed my meds & will continue to do so until something somewhat works. I have the RLS going on to thanks to the Fibro.

I really feel for you. I have a 2 year old puppy full of energy & love & I wish I had the energy to play with. I know it's no comparison with a child, but I have 2 baby nieces' one is a little over a year & one was just born last month that I have not had the energy to spend anytime with since X-mas.

By the time I get home from work at the end of the day I am beat. I want a hot shower & my pj's on. The weekend comes & forget it. I have to relax. I don't like doing or going anywhere unless I absolutely have to. Especially since I am in Chicago & it's freezing here!!!!!!Which is making my pain worse...

I hope things get better for you!!

your friend,
    fun :)
    I
  6. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I certainly feel for you on your pain. I work full time too.I can handle 40 hours not well, but it is what it is.

I have taken lidoderm patches for I have a bum left arm which is my primary arm. From the shoulder down no reflex at all. I too have fibro & I too am fairly young. I turned 34 this past Monday.

Norco is kind of a weak drug for your pain. I was on Norco prescribed by my family doc when I hurt my shoulder.

Have you discussed with your doctor all the problems you are having? I am going to try to keep a pain journal. My new pain doc is very gong ho about getting me as pain free as possible. He changed my meds & will continue to do so until something somewhat works. I have the RLS going on to thanks to the Fibro.

I really feel for you. I have a 2 year old puppy full of energy & love & I wish I had the energy to play with. I know it's no comparison with a child, but I have 2 baby nieces' one is a little over a year & one was just born last month that I have not had the energy to spend anytime with since X-mas.

By the time I get home from work at the end of the day I am beat. I want a hot shower & my pj's on. The weekend comes & forget it. I have to relax. I don't like doing or going anywhere unless I absolutely have to. Especially since I am in Chicago & it's freezing here!!!!!!Which is making my pain worse...

your friend,
    I
  7. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

your friend,
    I
  8. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

your friend,
    I
  9. moab341

moab341 New Member

OMG!!!! How do you do it?
    I can barely work 40-45 hours a week, and I go right home and get in bed with my dog. I live in Indy and it's freakin' freezing here...15 below today.
    I don't know how you keep up with little ones either.

At least I am older and my kids are grown...I am still young though with a lot of life and hate this.
    Did I mention that I hate this DD???

You are so young! I hope you don't have to go through this your whole life. Keep fighting to find help....we all have to keep the faith that we'll be better one day.

Sometimes when I feel lonely, I think it's best I don't have anyone to answer to and I can lay around all I want.

Flare-ups are terrible....I pray yours ends soon.
    Bless your heart, you have your plate more than full!
  10. cczub

cczub New Member

I don't do that much as I don't think I'd make it through the second week. Nomally I work a 40 hour week and that's more than enough work for me! I normally get home around 4 and am in my sweatpants by 5. Today I took off because my son was sick and I crashed all day long. I passed out a few times too.

Tomorrow's the big day and we'll be finding out the sex of the baby.

I just need to take it easy so I can get out of this flare.
  11. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

you will soon be able to cut back the hours so you can rest up and get out of this current flare.

I must say, I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you that do work, I have not worked in a year and it is so depressing....not good for me but I would work if I could. Today, I have slept almost half the day. I honestly think I am getting a bug though.

Good luck to you....