My Valentines Day...See Profile...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Feb 14, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hubby and I have been together for over 20 years and he has never forgotten a special day, holiday, anniversary, etc.

He knows my fave flowers are alstromerias and pink roses and every bouquet needs only 3 roses to represent my 3 beautiful boys...Dylan, Dayne and Moose (our Angel)...

This year is hard cause I have had more health problems recently and we lost Moose last year and this is my first Valentines Day without my "Big Dove Pummel" (what I called it when he jumped on me at 4:30 every morning to go wee...

So hubby tried to make me smile and had this giant bouquet made up with dozens of alstromerias and a dozen roses, 3 in the center (all different colors), for my boys and the biggest box of Russell Stover they had (he will be eatinig that)...And the kicker is what else he remembered to get, a movie that came out today that I couldn't wait to see...See the pic in my profile...It may take a few minutes...

I have been blessed and I want everyone to know it...Just to KNOW that he tries so hard to make me smile, makes the pain and sadness disappear, not for good but long enough to REMIND ME to stick around for awhile no matter how bad it has been...

Love to ALL~Alicia
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Alicia, I loved reading your post. How blessed we both are to have Supportive, loving husbands. What a georgeous picture!, thanks for sharing!

Laura
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

And the man who gave them to you is even more GORGEOUS!

I, too, am blessed with a very special husband, so I know the joy they can bring and how they can lift you up when you're feeling really low.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day with your special sweetie!

Hugs,
    Twerp
  4. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

You're one lucky girl! Those flowers are absolutely beautiful.

I love how you call your dogs your "boys". We refer to our little chihuahua as "the baby". When I come in from work I'll ask my husband "what's the baby been doing", or where is the baby. Our friends think we overdo it!!!

We don't have kids, just the one little furry kid!

Happy Valentines Day.

Kinsie
  5. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

and you deserve every one of them. It is great that you are blessed with your husband and he is blessed to have you. It is great to see some happiness and joy on this site despite of all the pain. Enjoy your day MamaDove.
  6. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I'm not the only one!!!

I woke this morning to a dozen red roses (taking a few extra reactines now) and the thing I have literally been counting down the days to... SAW II!

Last year when I first was getting quite sick, it was right before Valentines day and since I couldn't go to the movies he brought the movies to me. My all time favorite, Saw!

Soooo.. of course it was only appropriate that he get me Saw II for it's Valentines Day release.

Everyone I've told so far gives me the WEIRDEST looks when I tell them "oh yeah, roses & Saw II". For some reason most think I'm joking

Reading your post just makes me hope that 20 years from now my almost hubby still remembers the special things, no matter how small or bizarre ;)

Happy Valentines Day!

~Amanda
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

SAW II was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting premise too...

According to the movie's STAR nutjob...

We have become a society of non-survivalists and waste the life that is given us and hurt others in the process by lying, cheating, stealing,etc...

One only learns to live when they fear they are going to die...

Non-survivalists???

He's never met people like us!!!

As gory as this and other horror flicks are, I still seem to get the message they try to get across...I guess that's what has always drawn me to the sick world of horror...If you look deep enough there is a lesson to be learned...

Thanks everyone for the compliments...BTW, I did get at some of those chocolates...CAN YOU SAY FLARE??? I will pay for that enjoyment...
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

your valentine movie!?:)
    I see you love animals too. I have 2 dogs, 1 goat and a pot bellied pig.:)
    I lost my cat of 18 yrs. 2 yrs. ago still miss him. I lost my sweet dogs 4 yrs. ago feels like yesturday, still makes me cry.
    I also see our birthday's are close, mine is 8/14/67.
    My husband is working today, so we will celebrate tommarrow after my physical therapy.
    Happy Valentine's day!
    Enjoy your movie.:)
    Claudia