My weekend at a glance- how was yours?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

We'll most of my wekend was pretty good, anyways it started out good.

Got home on Friday evening and started my goal of doing some things around the house we just moved into.
    1. made daughters beds (usually they do this but they stayed at a friends house and we rushed out the door this morning)
    Rested 15 minutes
    2. off and on - did 6 loads of laundry (usually my husband has to do this for me. No energy.
    laundry in washer, and dryer rest 30 minutes, go back to washer and dryer
    3. vaccumed living room. rest
    4. dusted. rested
    5. took a long bath- crashed on couch
    . went shopping by myself @ midnight( in electric cart though) I was so pooped from everything else no way I could do it without.
    6.Picked hubby up from second job @ 2.00 am
    7. took ibuprofin 800 mg. went to bed

Woke up on Saturday morning- felt okay very sore but still
    1. Did breakfast dishes
    2. made bed
    3. did more laundry ( where did it all come from) whew LOL
    4. did some more vaccumming
    5. crashed on couch
    6. took bath
    7. went to Saturday evening church
    8. went to bed

Sunday morning I woke up in so much pain. I don't know if I just did too much or if it was just a bad morning.
    Does nayone else have really bad pain on their sides of your body (by the stomach, just above the hips, (flank pain) I get this quite often.
    I stayed in bed all day.
    Christina
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

If I had done all that, you would have to bury me!

I do get side pain, but mostly my lower back, legs, arms, feet...head....all over!

I really think you may have overdone it; I know that we all have things we have to do, and you with two young children and a husband who works two jobs (!!), it sounds like you are very busy and I don't think your body likes it very much.

I'm sorry you have such pain. Do you work outside the home, also? I do hope not.I really hope you are feeling better today. We are told to pace ourselves, and Stormsky's thread about what tasks she plans to do for a certain period of time is a good way to start thinking that way. I'm definitely not there, but it helps me.

You dear thing! Take care. I think it was a bad morning because you had done too much. It's hard to admit that to myself, but it's usually the truth.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Mine started out fine too. Slept like a log on Friday, Saturday did laundry, vacuumed, mopped, general housework. Took a nap in the afternoon.

Saturday night slept like a log again. Sunday vacuumed AGAIN, (we live on a gravel road and our driveway is gravel, and my dh has sawdust on him from work all the time) Did some computering, took another nap.

I was really psyched that I would actually start the work week well rested - didn't happen. Got a phone call at 10 saying my dh's uncle had died (not unexpected). Didn't sleep a wink after that. So, here it is Monday and I'm exhausted.

Hope others feel better!