MY wife is looking for a pen pal to write too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JJJ, Sep 13, 2002.

1. JJJ

JJJ New Member

I am writing this letter on behalf of my wife, because she is not computer savy.I have had Chronic fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia for 6 years.The last 6 years have been a nightmare on our family.I had to finally give up my job of 26 years.MY wife is having a difficult time dealing with this illness also.She understands it ,but feels very alone, and has said often she feels like a widow.She would like to beable to write to somebody that has the same interest as she has.We live in Canada and my wife is 40yrs plus tax..LOL and likes cooking, flowers, bird watching, and Children.Our family is growing up, we have a 15 yr old girl and our son is 20.She is looking for somebody in the same situation as she is in, a wife caring for her ill husband.Speaking for myself i dont need alot of care, i can still do things on my own, but have many days that i cant get out of bed, and when i try and do something around the house, i pay for it . sometimes for many days after.Anybody that has CFS/FM knows what i am talking about..Thankyou for reading this, hope to hear from you..

JJ
  2. JJJ

JJJ New Member

I am writing this letter on behalf of my wife, because she is not computer savy.I have had Chronic fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia for 6 years.The last 6 years have been a nightmare on our family.I had to finally give up my job of 26 years.MY wife is having a difficult time dealing with this illness also.She understands it ,but feels very alone, and has said often she feels like a widow.She would like to beable to write to somebody that has the same interest as she has.We live in Canada and my wife is 40yrs plus tax..LOL and likes cooking, flowers, bird watching, and Children.Our family is growing up, we have a 15 yr old girl and our son is 20.She is looking for somebody in the same situation as she is in, a wife caring for her ill husband.Speaking for myself i dont need alot of care, i can still do things on my own, but have many days that i cant get out of bed, and when i try and do something around the house, i pay for it . sometimes for many days after.Anybody that has CFS/FM knows what i am talking about..Thankyou for reading this, hope to hear from you..

JJ
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Jj, glad you have found our board. We have many members from Canada here if that would interest your wife, or if she just wants a E-Pal from anywhere.

If you all want to email one another, I would be glad to exchange the eaddress to each of you with out putting them on the open board.

I am your Moderator, and have done this before for people. Just let me know if you want my help. If you are confortable with putting up your address just remember that this is an open forum and anyone, sales persons etc. can get your address.

Again welcome to the group, and I do hope you get a grip on your FM/CFS, it is not easy to do deal with from either side. I have fibro, my husband is nice and healthy, and I do know how big a problem I can be sometimes for him to deal with, but he is very supportive, and after 20 years of living with the Fibro and 30 years of marriage, he knows as much as I do about it now.

Let me know if I can help.

Shalom, Shirl

4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

have FMS and CFS and he is worse then I. I come on the board when I am able and Gary not to often. If you could get her on the board and do all that she needs to get on you maybe able to get her to write here. We would love to give support to both of you.

Take care, Kim and Gary
  5. clueless

clueless New Member

I am older than you but have had years of an ill husband.Two open heart surgerys. two back surgerys,and a gall bladder surgery.I have had to struggle opening the driveway with a tractor I did`nt really know how to handle, driving in a city I was not familiar with, I have run the gamut. I am the one with fms and he is wonderful with me.His health is fairly good now for which I am thankful. If you would like to write to me. I live below Buffalo in the snow country but as of now spend winters in Florida.Homenest@webtv.net is my email address.

6. jackiec

jackiec New Member

I'm the ill-wife here, but I'm sure a lot of other people can identify with your wife's position ....bet she gets lots of friends to share with. Good luck to you.

Jackie