My Wife's Niece

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fmandy, May 18, 2007.

1. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

committed suicide last night. She took an overdose of Elavil. She was 33 years old.

This woman was absolutely gorgeous, but since becoming a nurse about 12 years ago, she became addicted to pain pills. Her looks gave her opportunity again and again after getting caught on the job, stealing pain meds.

She fell or was slung out of a moving truck when she was a toddler. She received a head injury. By age 11 or 12 she was having seizures. I remember seeing some phenobarbital with her name on the prescription, when she was about 14.

What in the heck was she doing taking this medicine? She turned into a problem teen really fast. She got married after HS and had two children. One was a girl and if I can, I will post a picture of this 13 year old girl. She looks better than her Mother.

Anyway, April lost both of her children. Their father got custody after a divorce.

I believe April's destiny was sealed after she received the head injury. Her parent's never dealt with her right afterwards.

After she had screwed up so many times, while her parents were raising both of her children, her parents totally gave up on her. No matter what they heard about their daughter, it did not bother them.

April's Mother called me Wednesday to tell me that my wifes first cousin had died from MS. She was 5' 7" and weighed 65 pounds.

I asked how April was doing. She said April had called her on called Mother's day. She said the first 30 minutes of the conversation was good, but the last 15 minutes she just listened to April kind of rave on.

I really loved the little girl that she will always be to me. I remember when she was born.

I have two funerals to attend this weekend. I don't know if I can make it to them.

Sorry for the sadness,

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

It's so sad to hear what all you and your wife have to face this weekend. Try to take care of yourself so you don't spend a week in bed recovering.

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This is such a sad story. I am sorry for your loss. Two in one week.

Take care,
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to hear the sad news, Andy. I know you will try to help your loved ones even if you can't make it to the funerals.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

a trajic, sad story. To give up on your child, what a terrible thing and for it to end like this.

Dont feel bad if you cant make the funerals, I've missed a few in my family because of this illness. You can be supportive by phoning, by being there for the families.

I'm so sorry.

6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

again. I try to keep it light and fun on this side of the wall :)

I really appreciate all of the kindness and support shown by all of you. I am in debt to you.

You all are terrific....Now go have fun. It's Saturday, I think....