myalgiamania

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myalgiamania, Aug 27, 2006.

1. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND AND GUESS WHAT, Friday i did my best to pack and get things ready. of course there was fighting. I rarely go anywhere because of fibro. my family still wants me to be the same perfect mom as always. of course i could do it all before...so why can't i do it now. well we made it to the church camp and thank God we stayed in the hotel building rather than a cabin with bunk beds, or a tent. the bed was comfortable and we had our own bathroom. I managed to walk some trails with my husband. it was difficult and it's a good thing i have a cane or i wouldn't have made it. it felt good to get away as a family, my sons are 14 and 16. I know everyone else was shocked to see me with a cane cause i don't bring it to church. i'm very sore today though. my doctor has added Balacet 325mg every 4 hours along with 2 tramadol. it helped but i still may need to get something stronger. BEING OUTDOORS HELPED MY SPIRIT. I FELT CLOSE TO GOD AND TO MY FAMILY. IT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT.
  2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I'm so glad for you that the trip helped your spirit if not your body. Our spirit needs to be nurtured, too.

I hope your body gets to rest now. Sometimes it's worth it to get out even if it does hurt us.

Hugs,

Phoenix
  3. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

thanks for the hugs...i really need them from someone who understands. i felt almost human again...but what an ordeal to get ready. it is amazing that i remembered almost everything with fibrofog. GOD BLESS YOU