mycoplama pneumonia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swood, Sep 14, 2002.

1. swood

swood New Member

I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia four weeks ago, boy was I run down. First they had me on steroids
    and Levaquinn, because of my allergies to penicillians. Five days later, still feeling run down as hell! I went to
    see another doctor, mine you, my doctor of four years decided to leave the practice suddenly; they put me on
    zithromax. I still felt run down and weak. Part of me wanted to run a marathon, the other part wanted to
    sleep! I couldn't rest for the life of me. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about four years ago, so maybe
    this started a bad flare up?! Want do I get to look forward to now? My neck muscles (trigger points) are
    going crazy, I feel like I'm being choked, also my chest muscles are tight! The doctors all say Chest x-rays
    are fine, but I'm not. I just went back to work, after being off 3 weeks, it was a tough week to get through!
    The only thing that got me through it was God and my sweetyheart Gordon! Any suggestions or help of any
    kind appreciated! Thanks, Stephanie
  2. swood

swood New Member

I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia four weeks ago, boy was I run down. First they had me on steroids
    and Levaquinn, because of my allergies to penicillians. Five days later, still feeling run down as hell! I went to
    see another doctor, mine you, my doctor of four years decided to leave the practice suddenly; they put me on
    zithromax. I still felt run down and weak. Part of me wanted to run a marathon, the other part wanted to
    sleep! I couldn't rest for the life of me. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about four years ago, so maybe
    this started a bad flare up?! Want do I get to look forward to now? My neck muscles (trigger points) are
    going crazy, I feel like I'm being choked, also my chest muscles are tight! The doctors all say Chest x-rays
    are fine, but I'm not. I just went back to work, after being off 3 weeks, it was a tough week to get through!
    The only thing that got me through it was God and my sweetyheart Gordon! Any suggestions or help of any
    kind appreciated! Thanks, Stephanie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry for what you are going through. This strain of mycoplasma, while able to make one very sick with pneumonia, is not in the same family of parasites which wreak havok over years and is so hard to get out of one's body. However, it is not uncommon for people with pneumonia to have to take another cycle of antibiotics in order to start to feel better. Pneumonia takes several months to recover from and it leaves a person feeling like they have had mono. When I had it, I ate very spicy Vietnamese food about three times a week. Spicy food is good to help recover from pneumonia. You could also try colloidal silver from the health food store. Buy only the best.

Someone here not long ago had mycoplasma pneumonia and discovered mycoplasma fermatens (sp?) as well. The m/f is one of the strains which is very difficult to rid oneself of. I would ask the doc for another cycle of antibiotics and if not better by the end of that, start looking for other causes. It is possible that your pneumonia has triggered the flare from hell. I hope you start feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the info. It makes sense that the more virulent strains of these bacteria can be infections of opportunity after one has had pneumonia. It is also possible that the chronic infections were there all along and are only discovered when the docs start looking for them. You are right; any pneumonia or other illness is particularly difficult for us. I'm not sure doctors understand this.

The question which has haunted me is this: How long are we infectious with these chronic mycoplasma infections? If they aren't infectious when they go into the chronic stage, why isn't the incidence of mycoplasma infections going down? Does this suggest that it is being spread through blood and organ transfusions? Is the government continuing experiments on civilians? Have you found anything in your research to suggest why these infections, if not easily passed from person to person, continue to cause such problems? I guess I can assume that any children born to someone infected might get infected through the exchange of blood in utero. Both my children have FMS, but they were born before the Gulf War era when I was infected.

Love, Mikie
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Regarding the govt experimenting on us, if you go to the CDC site it will tell you mycoplasma is practically nonexistent. The new smallpox vaccine coming out is apparantly going to be of questionable quality also, they produce all these vaccines using cells from animals, and frequently the animals carry viruses thereby infecting us. The vaccine itself is definitely something we all should look into as we all seem to have weakened immune systems.

Jaci
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I get "walking pneumonia" yearly, but I've never heard this term mentioned......
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jelly just posted an excellent group of articles on mycoplasmas. Since at least 60-70 percent of us with CFS and/or FMS have chronic mycoplasma infections, it is a must read for all of us. My research on mycoplasmas is outdated and I haven't kept up, but Jelly is right on top of things. Read her post.

Love, Mikie
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

bump

Jaci
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumpity, bump, bump

Love, Mikie