Mycoplasma in Chronic Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, Feb 7, 2006.

1. maps

maps New Member

Hi everyone this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone else has had a diagnose of Mycoplasma and how did they handle it. So far I have been on antibiotics for two years and still no difference.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have you been on the same one or has your doc switched you around? Do you have immune reactions and Herxing? If you've had the mycoplasma infection a long time, you may have hypercoagulations. Go to the HEMEX Labs website and read about it. There is a panel of blood tests for this.

This type of hypercoagulation causes overgrowth of fibrin in the blood which can trap platelets. The mycoplasmas can hide out there from the immune system. Low dose Heparin can get rid of this condition. Most people take the Heparin about six months. Heparin typically causes quite an immune reaction as the pathogens are dumped into the bloodstream and the immune system must deal with them. I believe when this happens, it may be the first time that one's own immune system recognizes the mycoplasmas as a foreign threat.

There is a transfer factor for mycoplasmas. ProHealth has another website where docs can order it. If you contact TechSupport, they ought to be able to tell you the name of the website and you can check it out. Only docs can order the mycoplasma TF.

I haven't tried it because 2 1/2 years on the Doxycycline got my mycoplasma infection under control. I have taken the TF's for other things and they are really potent. They train the immune system to recognize and kill pathogens.

Good luck to you with your treatments.

Love, Mikie
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I Mikie.
    I was just tested for Mycoplasma and got a positive IGM.. But the story is that I got CFS 2 1/2 years ago and got Antibiotics (Ciproflaxin) for about 3 weeks and tested negative about 2 months after. Now after 1 1/2 years later I again have very high IGMs in my blood. Is this normal?? How did it come back again? Also what Antibiotics in your opinion are the best for this?
    My doc gave me both Cipro and Doxy for about a month and then I'm just going to take the Cipro for a couple of months to see what happens. How long do we have to take the Antib. for it to work? Isn't it bad for our bodies to take these for such a long time?
    Please let me know what you think. I've read your posts and they've been really helpfull to me.. looking forward to getting your feedback :)
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have been doing Doxy since the beggining of July and the Heperin since the end of MAy treating the Hypercoagulation. The two go hand in hand I totally agree with Mikie. I just got retested for it and get the results on the 15th. The good news is it can be completely eradicated!

There is a possibility you have something else too. I also have EBV which you can get to be inactive. I am treating that with Famvir.

I also take Transfer Factors and a whole host of other supplements and immune boosters. I am treating T3 thyroid as well. I am much better. You have to do a little more digging but you are on the right track. I would start by asking to have the hypercoagulation tested.

Good Luck and Take Care Lynn
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On ABX and possibly longer. Go to Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, Immed. There are several with the same name so do a search on the doc's name to get to the right one. He has the protocol for treating mycoplasmas on his website. He has found that no one gets rid of mycoplasmas before six months. After that, one takes them for six weeks and goes off them for two, if one can. If one cannot stay off them for two weeks withouth the symptoms' returning, one should go back on them.

I was sick 10 years with the infection before I started on the Doxycycline and it took 2 1/2 years before I was finally able to stay off the ABX.

I've also had to treat chronic stealth viral infections but getting rid of the mycoplasma infection really helped me to start healing. I've not been tested but my doc and I knew it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my illnesses. I always have the Doxy around in case I get sick because there can be stragglers of bacteria which may try to reassert themselves if I get run down. I'm doing better and better as time goes by.

I am allergic to Cipro but it is effective against mycoplasmas. Doxycycline seems to be the med of first choice. Zithromax is also effective. Some docs have had good luck with combining ABX or switching from one to another.

Good luck to you. You will find a lot of info at the website. His articles are listed and you can read them by clicking on them.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

7. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Is it best to do the Heparin first and then treat for the infections? Or can both the Heparin and the abx or herbs be started around the same time?

Thanks for any help on this.
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I started the HEperin three weeks before they did viral and bacterial testing to get the stuff into myt bloodstream for better test results. They are keeping me on it the entire time I am doing the antibiotics.

Lynn
  9. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I tested positive without the Heparin but I will wait a time before I add in the rest. I want to see how the Heparin makes me feel.

Thanks for your reply. Glad you are doing so much better.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Until I had been on the ABX 2 1/2 years and the Famvir 1 1/2 years. Even after all that time, I had a huge immune reaction and huge Herxing from the Heparin. I now only do transfer factors for a couple of days every six weeks. That will bring on an immune response and Herxing.

So will using my zpper. I felt a cold coming on yesterday and ran the zapper through its auto cycle and for an extra 30 mins. Today, I woke up Herxing like crazy. I will continue using the zapper in auto mode for a few more days to ensure none of the viruses escape to make me sick.

Love, Mikie
  11. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Thanks Mikie and everyone else who responded!

I am going to do more research and probably start on the ABX this week with the heperin shots! I'm confident that the combo will do me some good. I've had swollen lymph nodes for 2 years now and I'm hoping once I get rid of the Mycoplasma, the lymph nodes will go down. I"m really looking forward to getting better and not having to worry about this stuff anymore.

Thanks again guys and be good.
    Chootik