Mycoplasma Infections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CreateHope, Sep 16, 2003.

1. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

How many have been tested for mycolplasm infections and are being treated for it?
    I have never been tested, and haven't had the symptoms as of late, but I was in contact with someone who had walking pnemonia (sp?). Which I read is common to get after being infected with mycoplasms infections. Apparantly all you have to do is sneeze in someones face to give it to them.
    Anyway, I got strep (sp?) throat soon after being around the person with the walking pnemonia.
    Mikie, I've read some of what you've had to say about it, but haven't heard about the symptoms and why your doctor ordered the test.
    Kate
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I got sick with a mycoplasma infection almost 13 years ago and it showed up in an antibody blood test because it was active. The doc never told me which strain I had and I didn't know anything about them at the time, so I didn't ask. It left me crippled and sick for months and I was never the same after that. They gave me a couple of cycles of ABX, but that wasn't enough; it takes at least six months of ABX to kill mycoplasma infections.

When it was active, it felt like the flu. Later, I felt stiff and achy and my legs would give out on me. I slowly got better, but never the same as before. I kept getting more and more tired until 2 1/2 years ago, I simply could no longer get out of bed and go to work.

I'm still not well, but I am so much better than I was. The ABX have been my salvation.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope you get more answers than just mine. This slipped over to Page 2.

Love, Mikie
  4. annepat

annepat New Member

Dr. Susna Swedo CDC chronic strep-

These are all Th 1 dominant diseases-myco, lyme herpes chronis strep. Did any of you ahve chronic ear infectiosn growing up, and were you breast fed? Just a theory thta I have -I think thta there is ageneration of us theat were not breast fed received antibiotics, genetic susceptibility, develop CFS fibro Lyme etc.
    anne

PS -tested neg on Myco 4 years ago-can't rember the strain. tested + recently for Myco pneumo PCR
    could be a meds problem could be exposure to healthcare workers/students in sick building
    anne